Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The "G"GG mod does for the moment nail a "old man is going senile" vibe for Garon instead of the "holy poo poo :moreevil:" in the original script.
"Leo, was it?" :discourse:

Although he probably wasn't that much of a nice person even before the evil dragon possession [/understatement]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The Shortest Path posted:

It's been so long since I've watched these cutscenes instead of skipping them that I forgot how utterly ridiculous and contrived this entire section was. No amount of rewriting can save it from being terrible.

While I don't necessarily disagree (ultimately the original plot was a turd and there's only so much you can polish one) I think the "G"GG mod*, at least for the moment, is managing to depict their stated goal, namely that Garon was not :moreevil: and there's still some resistance against the evil dragon possession.

My MAJOR beef with the original route is how the Noir royals (mostly Xander) are a bunch of craven enablers all too willling to go along with the latest criming when Garon goes :moreevil: so long as he doesn't pay attention to them; so let's see how the mod changes that.

*no I'm not going to stop putting "good" between quotes. That mod should be called the not :moreevil: Garon mod.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Azura is well aware of the evil dragon possession. She doesn't know how much it has progressed, but assuming Garon is gone and only Anankos remains is safe even if in "G"GG there's still a lot of resistance.

In Birthright explaining the possession would be mostly pointless. I mean, what is Hoshido supposed to do about it, fight Garon? They're already on it princess.

In Conquest she actually tells. Eventually. I don't really remember when, but I do remember the script massively faceplanting on this.

In Revelations everyone is on the same page, all the royals on both sides are smoking the peace pipe while singing kumbaya, while possibly doing some inter-kingdom diplomacy in private if you know what I mean.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 3, 2022

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think I appreciate the design of this map. Great way to teach that just because an unit has a giant pile of stats, it doesn't mean it is invincible and does not need proper support. It also forces a reset if it goes too badly because it's the Lord, so no getting screwed by classic mode early on.

Still, we're at the first major problem with Conquest's writing: why exactly would Corrin side with Nohr after this mission?

She just went in a berserker dragon rage because her mother was killed in front of her and anyone with enough brain cells to be able to speak would realize Garon was responsible*.

*as far as Rube Goldberg plans go, I've seen more convoluted.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

"Yeah I know Nohr is in the wrong but nonetheless"
:allears: we're off to a good start. I probably better get my enjoyment while I can before needing to scream at Xander and others in the cast again.
Did the original script have Ryoma call out the bomb sword?

Bonus:
Triple lol at the Revelations decision being "I cannot choose". Harem anime tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Isn't Elise really good on Malig Knight? FLying tanky magic unit seems a good niche.
E: of course getting there is the trick

Lol at the tribe rebelling for apparently no reason because all it took to chill down was Corrin NOT putting them down by the sword. Like, throw a line about sitting down and listening to their complaints and grievances; there's no need to actually show them, just fade to black the negotiations, but do something to sell us on it.

(The funny alternative is that they're fake smiling waiting for the dragon idiot will go away, then they're resuming their rebellion a month or two down the line)