Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nice mod list. Why not put Azura in her Conquest outfit as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't generally reclass Elise because I like having 2 healers. Nosferatu Odin solves way too many problems though. It would be a deep challenge to play without him at this point.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Harrow posted:

I didn't know there was a thread for this! I've been loving watching this series, and also going back and watching through the Verdant Wind Maddening playthrough on your channel, too. Your videos are fantastic.

While I loved Three Houses, and I enjoyed its freeform class system, I think I'd like it if a future game went back to basically Fates's class system. Each character having a base class with branching promotions, an alternate class with promotions, and then being able to learn classes from people they have close bonds with is really cool. It gives each unit more personality while also adding some cool mechanical spice to the support system. Especially with the way the series is leaning more and more into supports and strong characterization, having supports be a part of the class change system is neat.

The class system, pair up and weapon triangle are my favorite aspects of Conquest. It was all just really well polished compared to Awakening and I really hope we see all of it reused in future games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

midnight lasagna posted:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Chapter 10 rout. I've never managed to do it myself...

I managed it once, by buying Replicate for Corrin and having 1 paired with Jakob and the other with Camilla. But that was on Hard.

theshim posted:

I had no idea at all that losing buildings reduced the DVP reward from the invasions. What a weird system. This game has so many of these intricate rulesets for how things work that are utterly unnoticeable to casual players.

I never paid enough attention to the DVP reward to notice. I also usually don't do the invasions anymore.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Any level 15 skill is busted in the early game, but I think Replicate might be the most broken thing. Especially since you also copy any weapons.

Without cheating I can kill every unit on Chapter 10 except Takumi. I've just never been able to route him as well.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 30, 2022

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy gently caress that was smooth.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't play Lunatic, but you can have base level Benny eat a bunch of tonics and carry Corrin through the entire map. It's going to take you a few hours though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just wanted to say I've been really enjoying these videos. I even subscribed to your channel and watched several others, and I don't typically watch YouTube.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, I've never had the nerve to just go straight up the middle but I also usually play without Royals to make it that much harder. If you're not training everyone then I imagine Bow Knight Selena would probably be better here for the possibility of doubling.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The DLC classes are essentially promoted classes that you can slot into any time. So any girl can become a Witch, but only Elise or Nyx would really get the most out of it. Dread Fighter is perfect if you don't want to try to train Mozu, but any physical character will work well with it. But you're really breaking the game with them unless you use them in place of Master Seals.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I forgot about Felicia. And Ophelia as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You also have to remember that Felicia and Jakob are treated as being promoted at level 20. Using a DLC class scroll on them adds 20 levels to them and the stat gains do not make up for it. Also I think their experience gains are adjusted accordingly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Keldulas posted:

Does that mean that Dread Fighter Jakob would potentially hit level 60 or something due to their weird mechanics?

No, their level cap is still 40. The only real use is picking up some late game skills really early, like if you want Warp and Inspiration on Felicia or something.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wait? Why would Gunter need a boosted cap? Who is leveling him?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And that's why Jakob and Azura makes Wyvern Shigure and Pegasus Dwyer. You can also get Diviner on Nina with Nyx as her mom but she sucks as a mage. Also Beruka and Arthur give Pegasus to Percy.

I'm not aware of any other weird pairings. And I don't think there are any such pairings in Birthright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hey, that looks pretty cool.