Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Decided to watch this over the course of the last few days, glad I decided to do so. That explanation about how offensive staff targeting and how you exploited it works floored me. Very detailed information. Can't wait to see how you handle the infamous chapter 10.

Been enjoying the changes the mod makes to the plot so far, although I do have to say, Garon shifting his attitude so suddenly before reverting back again was a little over-the-top. Still, that's several steps up over vanilla Saturday Morning Cartoon Garon, so I'll take it. Been watching the cutscenes with a script open at the same time to compare the two. I also noticed unrelated to that, the recruitment conversation with Niles and Odin was changed as well - at least, it didn't match the script I was reading. Certainly going to be interesting to see where the rewrite goes.

As for my theory on the marriage choices for Corrin and why, and others seem to have come to the same conclusion: first, it MUST be a gen 2 character to accomplish the goal of having all characters be married where possible. There is a 6/6 (10/10 on Revelation) split before Kana, whose presence makes it uneven on one side. Choosing Dark Mage and male Corrin narrows it to two practical options, and choosing it based off how the class inheritance system has a "backup" built in narrows it down to the only gen 2 character who starts as a Dark Mage herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

I was expecting a rout, and was not disappointed. Bravo, you madman.

I was only able to beat this chapter on hard by turtling up within the box. Which, as far as I understand, is also something of a feat. It made for a funny picture though, with dozens of units failing to break through my wall of units.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Yeah, that is one thing I've noticed too, all those 80+%s that have to land that do end up landing. Pondering how many late resets happened because of things like that. Or unexpected crits.

Also randomly, I kind of want to see this challenge done on Birthright too. Not for Birthright itself because its design is so much worse than Conquest, but strictly to see how you'd beat Chapter 12 Garon under the conditions of no grinding

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Personally I prefer to think of Gunter as the Arena guy. Because of how enemy stats are calculated based off level and him having a lower internal level than normal, a base Conquest Gunter can almost always destroy anything the Arena throws at him.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

midnight lasagna posted:

It there's so many FE screenshot LPs I want to keep up with but I don't really have the energy right now to read anything substantial :(. These videos are getting super long but they're also very relaxing, having everything explained to me out loud makes me not need to use my brain even if it's very complicated.
Personally, I find the opposite holds true for me at least. I can read no problem but rarely sit through long videos...but I can with this since it's so engaging.

Kumagera is a fun guy to use, with solid enough stats, Countermagic+Counter shenanigans, and decent growths that Rinkah could've stood to learn a thing or two from. Shame that due to the challenge restrictions, there won't be time to make use of him..

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Huh, I'm surprised the Curse of Valla was kept in the script, considering how much flak people tend to give that. That aside, I am liking the rewrites in this chapter.

Pretty straightforward chapter gameplay wise, with a lot of talk about future plans. Interested in seeing how that strange Heart Seal use you mentioned is justified. Already saw it coming from the class analysis video you did with LagSpike, and well, if it's next chapter there's only one person it can really be.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

I think the thing I was most impressed with this time wasn't anything you did, but a comment on the video pointing out that no, you can in fact interact with the imprisoned royal siblings by way of the princesses' personal skills. That's the sort of thing I was expecting to have come up in the video itself, but I guess there wasn't much place for it except potential showing off.

Although speaking of recording resets, is there editing involved when something goes south in regards to the intros to each, or do you repeat that for each attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

theshim posted:

that title is horrible and I hate you

It could've been worse, it could've been "She's here." or some variation thereof.

Interesting strategy with the blocks, it somehow never occurred to me when I played. Or maybe it did, it's been forever since I've played. Been so long since I've played actually, I've forgotten a lot of my own strategy, heh. Besides it being typical "throw Camilla or Xander at problems" in many cases.