Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
Hi, I was super interested in this challenge and you actually inspired me to play fates for the first time! I had only played 3 houses, and then Echoes... so this one came at me swinging.... I also was trying to follow along with what you were doing, but even just trying to mimic your motions in the maps proved difficult... I lowered myself down to hard after the branch of fate (I at least made it that far on lunatic... haha) and I just cleared the rainbow sage map. I have an entirely new appreciation for the amount of planning and the beauty of your strategies now.. it's absolutely insane what you're able to pull off, seemingly with ease. Thanks for inspiring me to try this game out!

All hail wyvern rider Elise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
I'm new to this site, I actually bought an account specifically to read more about this challenge, so idk how to really do the whole specific responses thing..

I found you first with your golden deer playthrough since I was *just* looking into maddening mode and the way you introduced your style really spoke to me, since I really love developing all of my units... but boy howdy does this game have a LOT of them! I've started to use your vids as a general strategy guide to see what is the most important stuff to aim for, as well as general ideas for characters and stuff!

I was a little apprehensive to get into the Fates set of games since everyone I've talked to has told me to avoid them since they have bad plot and are 'weird'. You swooped in yet again with the GGG mod! I had no idea modding 3ds games was even a thing, so I went and grabbed a lot of the stuff off of your list. It's made the experience quite a bit better, and I like the changes so far from what I've seen in the script. I'm about to delve into the chapter with all of those pots, and I'm really intimidated by it tbh.. then after it I would be sailing into uncharted waters which is spooky as well!

On a side note, I have some dlc items like dread fighter scrolls and stuff, and a witch seal.. Does anyone have any recommendations for who those would be nice on? :)

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
I followed what Zoran did with a magic Corrin, with the mage talent. I really love mages in FE games (Lysithea and Delthia my beloved) and I paired Odin and Elise together.. I was thinking of marrying Ophelia to create a super magic pair, but I am not sure if that is 'good'. I imagine it would make corrins kid pretty dang magical though, but I feel like I kinda shot myself in the foot since both corn and ophelia will give mage to kana, right? It's not a major thing to me, I don't really know what I want anyone to be just yet. I still have corrin as his starting class since I'm not sure to promote him to the higher tier of that, or make him a dark knight .-. This game is pretty crazy system wise, coming from 3 houses and echoes as my only other games played.. so much stuff passed down and all that, it's really cool though!

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
Thanks so much guys :) I appreciate all the help and explanations!!

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
That's exactly what I was thinking Luni! It's really awesome that everyone is going to get some time in the spotlight in this run :) I know if my own runs of the couple FE games I've played... even if I initially wanna start off with training everyone, I inevitably end up with a couple powerhouses that just start to sweep things up .-.

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
I thought Benny was going to be this mean, rude, awful criminal guy when I was quickly browsing through the conquest characters before playing... I am so so glad I was wrong!

I'm on chapter 24 and while he isn't really that great, I love Benny so much. He reminds me a lot of what they did with Dedue, being this imposing but very kind and gentle person. He's become one of my all time favorites for how gentle he is and his supports are really funny.

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
I love these videos and it's always amazing to me to hear you explain all these complex maneuvers and strats to maximize gains while balancing so many insane support objectives!

Also, your Elise is build like a tank and I am so jealous .-. She's my favorite character and I love how much defense she's getting in your run lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The0ldFish
Jul 28, 2022
Also these levin sword shenanigans remind me so much of FE 3 Houses sandbagging to build weapon and class exp lol