Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
This is one of the coolest threads posted in a long time. Sweet car dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I’d vote for hiring an enclosed trailer hauler to do it. The motor is probably not made to handle modern freeway speeds and I bet that drive would be noisy as hell to boot.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Hadlock posted:

As mentioned in my post, zero plans on driving this thing on the interstate, taking 45-55mph county/state roads, sorry if "no highways or tolls" was not clear. That was how I did the 420 mile trip from DC. Stayed far, far away from I-95, had no issues

I've done, not really counting, at least 5 2000+ mile trips, but yes it's been a while. Citroen was pretty comfortable doing 400 miles in a day earlier this year, which is (very roughly) the plan

Well in that case yeah like enjoy the backroads if that’s your thing. It probably will break down along the way so bring some spare points and various other high likelihood of stranding you parts.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Ah the art deco future that could have been...

Awwww this makes me sad it didn’t come to be