Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, I saw your posts in BFC a while ago but had no idea the car had this kind of background. What an amzing find! How do you not just drive it from Oregon yourself after all this though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah that sounds like a cool adventure if you're up for it! I'd definitely count on it taking way more time and poo poo breaking but doing this in the US is still easy mode, even in a weird French car.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Have you considered doing EFI and ignition? Not suggesting that you should do it, but I've seen people with old cars do it to make their lives easier as a daily.

I haven't owned a carbed car myself, but my dad did, and it was often a challenge if it was too hot, or too cold, or the gas was slightly different, or the planets didn't align quite right.

Hadlock posted:

Also, simply because you don't run across high production value, 90 minute videos of driving Citroens crossing the congo, please enjoy

Looks like at the 7:40 mark he is jumping it and I definitely recognize that air filter (and again at 18:27) and engine block so appears to be a fairly stock setup. Only spent about 5 minutes looking at some of the footage but looks pretty legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwyTMMxgFY
Oh that's really cool! I'm curious if things are just different in the Congo or it's just 15 years later. But I was in The Gambia in November and all the major roads are paved and in decent condition, so you'd have to go out of your way to find yourself on roads like this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hadlock posted:

I think if this post often. Then I saw this meme and also thought of this post first day of spring is end of this week
:negative:

Got an offer accepted on a house in California so I really need to wrap this up. Still seriously thinking about driving the car cross country. Carburetor is out of the car but haven't had time to pull it apart because of house stuff.
Hey, my car is outside so I actually can't do anything to it while it's cold out :mad:

Also drive the car

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RIP Paul Walker posted:

You are not helping me quell my desire for a French car. Not even slightly. I show my wife your pictures when you post them and she’s not exactly helping either, especially when we see an SM out driving.

So insanely pretty.

Have you considered a Renault R10 my dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ20LBK13aQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hadlock posted:

What robot cantina is modding a Renault? :monocle: These are the guys that put a harbor freight engine in a Honda insight, right

I had no idea Renault made a 4 door rear engine car

Early R10s pre facelift look pretty baller

Yep and the last project was a Kubota industrial diesel in a Saturn lol.

I don't think I've seen one of these either, even in France. I guess they're too old and relatively unremarkable to still be on the road outside of like Renault club meetings.