Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Hadlock posted:

Car delivery guy called. He will be ready for drop off in DC 9am Sunday, approximately 8 days early

1) it's about an 8 hour drive home from DC to my house at Citroen speeds, assuming absolutely 0 issues on an unproven, 70 year old car
2) wife scheduled her international business trip to leave our home town about noon on Sunday, around the delivery of car happening next weekend or later
3) I'm responsible for our toddler who requires a car seat while she's out of town
4) even if I were to hop on a plane with the toddler and car seat, I don't have the aftermarket seat belt to install
5) driver requires cash on delivery

Going to see if I can fly to DC with the toddler, park it in my buddy's garage for a week, then fly back same day, then fly back the following Saturday and drive it home? Maybe?

Can't you get another entity to bring it to you in gently caress Nowhere Eastern North Carolina? I would think it's a lot easier to get the car moved from DC to gently caress Nowhere Eastern North Carolina than West Coast to gently caress Nowhere Eastern North Carolina.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

bonne chance, monsieur! :france:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

hell yeah you made it!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

gotta add the ironic “Student Driver” tag for maximum car douchebag points

do the french conduite accompagnee sticker

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

I have at least one Learner's "L" on a blue field somewhere. Maybe more than one...a sticker & a magnet.

It's France, the equivalent is a red A on a white background.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

Yes, I vote you put a chrome virgin on the hood.

after all, it is a car owned by a goon

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

While I believe in the TA overall, and its ability to make it cross-country, I think that you're likely to not want to do 8 hours a day in it and that's a recipe for pain and suffering. There's also a reasonable chance that it will break at some point either necessitating time for you to repair it or for a shop to look at it. So I'd allocate at minimum two full weeks and I'd have a following car, too (which you didn't mention in your post). I still think you should do it, it would be a hell of an adventure.

Other posters have posted good locality based stuff to consider. I'd also consider trying to approximate a route based on known locations of people who work on TAs.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Power to ya but I don’t even really like pushing any more than 400 miles a day in a more modern car. I am soft.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'd be tempted to just to troll a modern citroen dealership by calling them for parts referencing that serial number and engine number, like the helpful tag tells me to.

assuming you're in NA: what modern citroen dealership?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

I thought they came back to the US market in really small numbers ten years ago? Limited markets etc. Or did that never happen/close down?

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

PSA hosed around most receltnyl with the US market before they merged with FCA, going so far as to open an office in Atlanta and bring in a coupe of 508s on mfg plates but it didn't get much further than a twinkling in Carlos Tavares' eye.