Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, I vote you put a chrome virgin on the hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, 290 west of Austin is 1 lane 65mph (limit, most people do 85-90) for a good while. That route then hits I10 which lol I would not drive an exotic french classic on I10 at all and it's wanting you to do that from there until LA. Not sure that's a safe route.

Also, how many miles does a tank of gas get you? There are stretches of that road with no gas stations for 50+ miles.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh so if you're just getting the overall route from that thing, then yeah absolutely dude. Sounds like a blast

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah I'd suggest bulbs at least, and carry extra fluids with you. Plugs, a spare belt, cooling hoses, a few go pros mounted to the car to record it all and pick up the roadkill guys in Atlanta to help get it there.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

STR posted:

I'm not sure what route you'll be taking through Austin (I'm guessing significantly south of me), but if you need a place to wrench, I have a garage in the northwestern suburbs. It's a 1 car apartment garage, but it looks like the dimensions aren't far off from my current car.

I also have a place next to my broken down junk and a garage full of tools you're welcome to in south Austin. Also a bed if needed.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

How's the car? Still in NC?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hey :argh:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It might be cheaper to just ship the car at this point, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hey man, how's your French nipplemobile? Please tell me it's not still in a shed somewhere.