Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Absolutely incredible. You could never reply to the thread again and I'd be satisfied, great story and info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Thank you I enjoy that a lot.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hadlock posted:

It's super humid coming back from the beach, this was the least amount of smeary I was able to get the lens, but I think it worked out ok

Also apparently the 3 gallons of gas I put in a month ago was not enough, ran out of fuel driving home but managed to coast into the only ethanol free gas station in town, had to push it the last six feet or so

This car is just so classy. It's interesting considering that it wasn't an expensive car at the time. It just looks so nice like a well made suit from a department store.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Don't lie to us, we know cars don't attract women. They only attract car guys and old mechanics.

Also I think I agree with you that he'd take good care of the car but also I need to acknowledge the red flag of him saying he's never seen one move.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think I'm the odd one out here but I wouldn't hesitate to use a modern multigrade oil instead of a straight-weight SAE oil specified from an era when multigrade didn't exist. When they're hot, Xw30 and SAE30 should be the exact same thickness. Xw30 is only thinner when it's cooler, mostly because cold SAE30 should be quite thick.

I might run 10w30 or 15w40 instead of 5w30, though.

I'm with you on this. I'd run a diesel branded oil 10w30 or like 15w40. For the extra additives.

Maybe I'm just another idiot on the internet though that thinks older motors benefit from thicker zinc heavy oil.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Raluek posted:

driving across continents is like this car's whole thing though

Hell yeah! Like I get it America ain't great but idk I feel like I'd still rather drive across 2023 USA than 1950 Africa. The pace would for sure have to be slow, it'd be like a long hike rather than a typical cross country drive. You can't go from travel center to travel center. Gotta go from like town to town based on some sort of metric of friendliness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Power to ya but I don’t even really like pushing any more than 400 miles a day in a more modern car. I am soft.

I think that's a fair amount for someone I assume is about my age. Especially as a solo driver. Not so bad if you're a team though, depending on whom you're driving with.