Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

gently caress yes get the hood ornament.

Just keep it away from '55 Cadillacs.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

Sorry if I missed the reason earlier, but why are you using 5w-30? It probably used a straight-weight oil (30?) when new; Consider using that, or 10w-30.

Also, check your oil pressure & see if it’s within spec

Yeah, that was back in the days when you changed oil twice a year. SAE 30 in the summer, SAE 20 in the winter.

According to http://www.ctaservice.se/tek/tekinfo-engl.htm,

So 15w-40 if you're going to use a multi-vis.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

I thought they came back to the US market in really small numbers ten years ago? Limited markets etc. Or did that never happen/close down?

They came to the US in small numbers in the 60s and 70s. They left the market in 1973.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Could have sworn I remembered something around 2012-ish (it's linked with the campaign for Obama's second term in my head for some reason) about them coming back to the US. Guess it never happened or fizzled, my bad.

Renault stuck around through 1990 or so. Peugot pulled out about that time, too.

I think they've announced several times that they're planning on returning to the US market over the years, but it's never actually happened.