Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

If you can figure out how to change the default font, not only will it preserve your own sanity, but also my poor old man eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I don't know how far I got into the game, but the next part is the last that I remember. And boy, did I have impressions of that impressive untwist even at the time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Reading Dune Messiah and Children of Dune feels very strongly like a fever dream nine times out of ten when two characters are talking and one of them isn't Stilgar. I greatly appreciate Stilgar for being the one person who in those two books who can speak without having it be some bizarre metaphor or riddle that made sense only to Frank Herbert's LSD-riddled brain.
Man, you should try parsing the dialog and character motivations in The Dossadi Experiment.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

malkav11 posted:

but...man, there sure seems to be a lot less narrative and damned if I am retaining almost any of what there.
Big bearded thug wants big sparkly Jewel that would cause apocalypse. Five light warriors set out to stop him. And... scene.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Hah, someone else read that thing? That book was goddamn weird.
I think I stopped about halfway through, assuming it's either aimed at someone with a different cultural background or was a sequel to a book I haven't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

My memory isn't that great, but I rarely get false memories, even of fairly inconsequential nonsense.

I recollected the game wasting a lot of time with the doomed bunch of guards following William around, biding time until their inevitable demise - but I completely forgot the goblins etc. Thought they actually captured Bear (for some nefarious scheme of his) and were taking him back to Krondor for most of the chapter (possibly an errant memory of the surviving merc?).

Odd. Guess this game is exceptionally unmemorable.