Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I wonder if the urine armor might be a graphical glitch - like it isn't loading the texture properly or something. I've known other games to go, e.g., bright pink for such a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
This game doesn't seem totally awful and some of the ideas seem like they'd be an improvement over Betrayal if competently implemented (though they mostly seem actively sabotaged by other elements of the design), but...man, there sure seems to be a lot less narrative and damned if I am retaining almost any of what's there. I definitely see why it's not nearly as well regarded.

malkav11 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 16, 2022

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Re narrative, like...one of the things that really struck me about Betrayal was that there was tons of text about all sorts of stuff in the game, be that item descriptions, party interactions, preludes to combats, all sorts of miscellaneous interactions in inns and random houses and such. In Antara, too, it was just kinda dumb a lot of the time. Return...maybe it's the move to voice acting, but it feels like there's almost none of that and what's there is mostly directly involved with the very basic main plot being told and the occasional minor sidequest.