Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

disposablewords posted:

Fun thing that only really comes up with the crossing-the-countryside chapter if you are a complete loot goblin and determined grinder like me! Money has weight in this game. When you go to a store, the characters automatically change up their coins to gems, so you're never going to notice the weight of gold coins while still in Krondor. But if you grab everything you can for no real reason, you get to discover that not only is loot heavy, so are your giant piles of accumulated coinage. And there are no stores to change gold for gems at until you reach Haldon Head. It's something you will not notice for like 90% of the game and only even potentially comes up if you have specific packrat habits in a specific stretch of the game, but they went with it for... some reason! It's part of what makes me think they wanted to do a lot more with wandering the countryside and not just one odd chapter.

I ran into the coins have weight problem while still in Krondor.

In my first game I ran into one of the magic mail for William. In my second game, knowing what to do, I didn't spend much time in Krondor, and didn't find one, then I got to the solo William levels and didn't do well. I decided the easiest way to deal with it would be to just go back find another mail.

So I did a ton of wandering in Krondor looking for one. I didn't pick up stuff to sell, cause I wasn't really going to be buying anything, but apparently I was picking up the coins, because cash.(?) So without going to the shops selling things eventually I just had too many coins.

I don't even recall how it actually caused me a problem, but I hope it was at the point that I couldn't even pick up any more coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

By this point James has gotten across the arena and starts hacking into the lich, and then something magical happens.

Look it's just.

Okay, you want a DARK MAGE to fly up and hover ominously above the arena.

I get that.

But perhaps rather than just lifting him to the top of the arena where he hangs around in his normal pose like this is a lovely loving flash animation, have his like... pose communicate that he's floating or flying or something. Switch him to a more swimming pose, of sorts, perhaps or just...

Guhhhhhhhhhh. Whatever.

So we obviously can't hit him since he's above us.

He shrugs off most magic.

But you know what magic will never let us down?

The magic of molotov cocktails.

This guy feels a little like a puzzle boss, only I'm not sure what the intended solution is. Or if there even is one, some parts of this game feel very, "Wouldn't it be cool if we did this?"

So yeah, he shurgs off most magic. But you know one spell he doesn't?

Summon Sky Warrior.

While he hovered in air, my guys stood around doing nothing while a glowing orb plinked him to death.