Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've read a good bit of Feist's books, but I didn't remember the vampires! What's next? Werewolves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

PurpleXVI posted:

Vampires, and in general the undead, have been very rare(Black Slayers only, really) or non-existent(in the case of vampires) in Feist's previous books.

The Assassins introduces the first vampire, and now in Return/Tear of the Gods there's an entire plague of them.

The writing does imply that the undead generally exist, though, since the faithful of Lims-Kragma are noted as really hating them. So it's possible that the undead were previously a regular issue until a bunch of angry death cultists went out and made them just plain dead.

EDIT: Oh, and The Assassins doesn't have a werewolf... but it does have a werepanther when an evil wizard assassin turns himself into one.

Interesting to see a death cult hate the undead, it makes sense really, but I rarely see it.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is this a short game? The chapter seems to be flying by! Also 0/10 game, no james or owen.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That was quick! Thanks for showing it off! Maybe Birthright will be better?