Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hel posted:

Ground floor, looking forward to this being a better mess than Antara. At least it's unlikely to make the same mistakes.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, I never really had a problem with Jimmy as a character either. I got rather less keen on him over time since throughout the rest of the series his descendants show up constantly and are all just clones of him again. Feist is usually pretty good at writing distinct characters, but nope, all the Jamisons are the same drat man.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm already really enjoying your paraphrased summaries of things.

I'm also amused that you're encouraged to spend an hour or so loving around murdering random citizens for loot, that's so completely not fitting for the setting or the characters that it's funny.

And compared to similar 90s games the voice acting is actually pretty amazing, I've definitely heard far, far worse.

The one thing I am not enjoying is that font, jesus gently caress that is almost unreadable.

Also Jimmy and William have very similar headshots, one of them needs to change shirt or something if they're going to insist on almost identical hairstyles. Especially since canonically William is half-totally-not-Japanese and really shouldn't look like a white Midwest high school jock.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

SIGSEGV posted:

I propose the alternative of just having one looking to the right and the other facing left, with backgrounds of different colors, which would work just as well.

No

William must wear the Mountain Dew Armour of Shame

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maybe Old Tom couldn't spawn because the party already killed him in one of their bloodthirsty looting sprees, James.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

JustJeff88 posted:

In books where it is known, genuinely known as cosmic fact to the people in-setting and not just the reader/player, that here is an ideal afterlife, what's the point of living in the first place?

In most settings you have to earn the ideal afterlife while you're alive. Same with most real-world religions when you strip them down to the essential points. No speedrun strats allowed.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

PurpleXVI posted:

Next, there's the priest's pulpit. He's not out here preaching at night either, but we're treated to the devs doing their damndest to have enemies move on to the battlefield in a way that doesn't just involve spawning them out of thin air or having them run over from a mile away.

Majestic. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Echoing the thanks for showing all these off, even if they fall flat. It's a shame, the setting has so much promise and this could so easily have been an actually good game.