Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I do remember owning and playing this game to completion back in the day -- and the 3D models are certainly ... something ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

PurpleXVI posted:

Now I need a break from LP'ing games. If I can find Birthright and get it to run even halfway reliably (it tended to crash at the drop of a hat back in the 98 era), I might want to show that off, but seeing as how it seems to be abandonware, it's on neither GOG or Steam.

Abandonware sites report that it will run in DOSBOX if you load it as an ISO and set the memory to 16. Testing to see if this is true.

It is indeed true, but can only be patched up to v1003. (The windows version can be patched up to v1004, but it looked like there were far more headaches to get it operational in W10 native. I saw a web thread indicating it was possible -- but after playing around with the files for 40 minutes, it became clear that going the DOSBOX route was much less hassle).

I'll e-mail you my findings if you decide you want to mess around with it for fun.

EricFate fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 6, 2022