Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

Also, I'd be curious to hear the suggestions once I'm done with Return to Krondor, because it's either that or getting Birthright to run so I can show that off.

My vote is for Birthright, even if I'm getting way ahead of things. The game is notable for having nothing in it that is depicted on the back of the box at all. The strategy portion is lightweight, the tactical portion is broken and mind-numbing, and the less said about the adventuring portion, the better. Yet I still play now and then, despite it being quite a strange, janky, and disappointing game.

The "It's your turn" voice clip will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
I figured I'd try to play along with the LP, but I'm using PCem emulating a Voodoo2 and the font looks far better. Assuming the LP is using the GOG release, there might be global graphics settings, like sharpening or anti-aliasing, that is interfering with the font rendering.

raifield fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 28, 2022

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
Star Wars: Rebellion has a bug that causes all the ship's 3D models to flash like purple disco balls unless you drop a few 90's-era DLL files in the game's directory and the less said about Morrowind, the better.

But the urine armor looks intentional. I'll have to try and catch up with this LP and get my own urine armor. Purple makes playing this game look easy, but drat the late 90's had no respect for UX at all.