Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
would have actually liked to see sheik win and now i am supposed to be excited about blake christian at 4 in the morning, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

fez_machine posted:

would have thought Nick Wayne would have been the climax

yeah this feels like it was meant for Wayne. kinda weird

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

i wanna know who Early Morning Guy Steele is

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
"Your winners"

wait what

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
nobody cares

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lmfao

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
guess every tag team should enter if they can win together

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Slade and Maven made the right decision

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gotta send the crowd home happy baby

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
given their reaction, or lack thereof, i guess they didn't expect to be named winners either

they just want to go to sleep

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

fez_machine posted:

guess every tag team should enter if they can win together

It's just smart planning

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
clusterfuck clustersucked

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

SRS squirming up the entrance way after he got eliminated was great btw

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i choose to believe maven or slade was supposed to win and they did a shoot self-elimination

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

at least shoutout to the guy who stole a piece of the door

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/ciaranrh93/status/1510175776422957059?s=21&t=5k2lYec3OfRms2m1BFSV2g

lmao get hosed

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GAY BRUNCH TIME :supaburn:

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

GAY BRUNCH TIME :supaburn:

20 minutes ago I did not know who Jai Vidal was. Now I must know more.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The commentary team is great. I love KG.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wasn't actually sure Kidd Bandit was a real person but they're pretty cool

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have really been digging Keita Murray but his trunks makes me laugh every time

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

More matches need to have dance parties at the start.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ive finally crawled out of bed and went and got coffee and stuff and now im thinking about early morning guy steele again

my theory at the time - i was pretty drunk and watching on a very low bitrate bootleg - was that it was kidd bandit in an utterly ridiculous costume. the reasons i thought this was possible is:

* kidd bandit does cosplay and stuff and seems like someone who could come up with a ludicrous costume and also do flips and poo poo in one
* "steele" sounds like "steal" and a bandit steals things
* bandit's only booking this weekend seems to have been on effy's show this morning

in practice i'm sure that the actual physical attributes of the person in the costume would make this impossible but i have no idea who would have been backstage and done this bit

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 2, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thunder Rosa vs Trish Adora starting now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
when did LuFisto unretire?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this match is pretty fun, these chair spots are looking great

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I'm going back over posts now after I'm now recovering from doing JJSB pt 2, Big Gay Brunch, and Mission Pro.

Huntman posted:

the crowd actually got quieter when Rhett came out

Funny thing about that, for the first part of the Clusterfuck everyone was up on their feet and Janela was just doing eliminations so fast that people just stayed standing.

Rhett Titus came out and the crowd near me just decided "ok, it's time to sit down now". Legit, the moment before he comes out everyone's on their feet, and by the time he's in the ring doing stuff like more than half of my section had sat down.

fez_machine posted:

isn't that a self elimination?

(about Ninja Mack diving over the top rope)

At least 2 of the refs on the outside caught that and tried waving him off. Thankfully he only just had getting back into the ring to get pinned, you could see some of the refs trying to wave no, and then he got pinned and they just kinda shrugged like "eh, alright".

Huntman posted:

SRS squirming up the entrance way after he got eliminated was great btw

When I first caught him doing that up the aisle next to me he was on his back and his movement was so smooth I figured he had to be laying on a skateboard or something and pushing along. Nope, just scooting along the floor on his back.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i keep thinking about early morning guy steele and maybe that was mustafa ali

also last show of the indies this weekend afaik happening in a 17 minutes BLP NORM! with Speedball & Davey Richards vs Work Horsemen JD Drake and Anthony Henry, Blake Christian vs Black Taurus, and Calvin Tankman vs THE BARBARIAN

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao this poor blp show everything kept getting changed around and they're probably running late so they just combined two singles matches into a 4 way match. Davey Richards & Speedball vs Workhorsemen was fun. They def could have had another gear in them if it wasnt so late, last indy show of the weekend, and also in front of like no one

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

i keep thinking about early morning guy steele and maybe that was mustafa ali

I am also going to subscribe to this theory. I wouldn't put it past them to just have had it been some GCW regular under there doing a goofy one-off bit. Just seems weird to be on one of the larger Mania week shows and not try to get any exposure.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Zenshi really stood out in the 4-way at For the Culture. I've really liked him in MLW and I hope someone bigger notices him soon. He'd be right at home with a stint in a fast-paced promotion like AAA or GLEAT.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

Thunder Rosa vs Trish Adora starting now

pretty good match, kind of a sloppy ending tho

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

pretty good match, kind of a sloppy ending tho

Live I was trying to figure out what the hell happened, because I could tell Trish's shoulders weren't actually down for the "pin".

Watched the stream and the stream actually communicates what that was supposed to be. That wasn't a pin, it was Rosa grabbing a choke and flipping Trish upside-down like that. Trish taps out, the problem being that the ref seems to assume it's a pin and starts counting the pin, and then after counting 2 sees the tap out and calls for the bell.

Finish probably would have been just fine if the ref didn't misread the submission as a pin. It seemed weird in the room, but watching the stream you can tell Rosa is pretty upset about the way the finish got screwed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Janai Kai ends up getting signed somewhere big. I'd seen her on Dark a few times, but this weekend made me a fan. Wrestling needs more kickgirls.