Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That match loving ruled, I'm so happy Biff came out of retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Biff Busick is still the loving man

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Mox vs Busick was awesome. I love Bloodsport. Such a fun show almost every time

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The end of that match felt really abrupt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAA Wrestlecon show was running late which is great tradition. The Audio is also incredibly low

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is gonna whip

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

drat you John Wrestlecon for your quick bootleg takedowns

on one hand I should support AAA, on the other hand if there's one promotion that you absolutely cannot trust to deliver the card you were sold on, it's them

(also didn't really want to buy a card with mecha wolf on it cuz gently caress that guy)

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The Triple A show as been a ton of fun. I love Mr Iguana!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAA Wrestlecon show has been fun, but it feels like every match is going longer than they need to

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

AAA Wrestlecon show has been fun, but it feels like every match is going longer than they need to

this is what happens when they are freed from the tyranny of ppv time limits and/or a bad weather forecast

these last two matches should be fun, at least its not running opposite anything

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
well that triple threat should have been longer than those trios, still fun. Electric Chair Gory Special double team was insane

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

drat i assumed that was gonna be like 10 minutes longer so now im gonna miss some of this match makin dinner, oh well

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The most authentic AAA experience

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

imagine not thinking to tune into the 6pm thursday mania indie show and missing out on jeff jarrett

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

aaa deciding to do a bunch of heat segments on the loving wrestlecon is so goddamn funny. is this even going to make it to airing on space or whatever

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i assume jeff is going to manage la empresa/never going to appear again but god imagine psycho clown vs jeff jarrett mask v hair

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ending their Mania weekend show with a loving heat angle is so on brand for AAA

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

bought the supershow, will catch the first hour of spring break and see how it shapes up. it honestly isn't a bad card but just looks like a generic gcw card. like i feel like a spring break card should look different from, like, a random show gcw would run in that ugly vegas venue they use

it's only six matches so maybe they'll pad it out with a couple surprises. i don't get why they didn't just put the clusterfuck on it because night 2 looks loaded without it. i guess maybe the clusterfuck needs midnight energy tho

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
last two shows of the night & the midnight deathmatch show

9PM - Joey Janela's Spring Break 6, Part 1
GCW World Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. AJ Gray
GCW Ultraviolent Championship: Alex Colon (c) vs John Wayne Murdoch
GCW World Tag Team Championship: The Briscoes vs H8 Club vs Second Gear Crew
Blake Christian vs AR Fox
Joey Janela vs. X-Pac
Mickie James vs Allie Katch

10PM - Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Timothy Thatcher.
The Rottweilers (Low Ki and Homicide) vs. the Briscoes
Minoru Suzuki vs. Biff Busick
Bandido vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey.
Mia Yim vs. Athena
Josh Alexander, Black Taurus, and Ace Austin vs. Michael Oku, Rey Horus, and Laredo Kid
Team Atsushi Onita vs. Team PCO (team members TBA)
John Morrison vs. Taya Valkyrie

Friday, April 1
12:51AM - GCW Planet Death
Sawyer Wreck vs Brandon Kirk
Reed Bentley vs Hoodfoot
Sadika vs Jimmy Lloyd
Akira vs Cole Radrick
Shane Mercer vs Neil Diamond Cutter
SLADE vs Bam Sullivan

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

bought the supershow, will catch the first hour of spring break and see how it shapes up. it honestly isn't a bad card but just looks like a generic gcw card. like i feel like a spring break card should look different from, like, a random show gcw would run in that ugly vegas venue they use

it's only six matches so maybe they'll pad it out with a couple surprises. i don't get why they didn't just put the clusterfuck on it because night 2 looks loaded without it. i guess maybe the clusterfuck needs midnight energy tho

yeah thats unfortunately why i've been put off by Spring break shows this year. I think if it was somehow a one night show, it'd be 100x a better get, the wrestlecon supershow looks much bigger/better on paper and i'm skipping the death match show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

its weird to me how gcw has been drawing bigger and bigger live crowds while i feel like their internet wrestling discussion presence has never been lower

wonder if it's gonna be one of those promotions where the audience suddenly just disappears at some point, or if they'll continue to draw because american indie wrestling doesn't have a lot else goin for it on a national level

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

"slade turning a lot of heads in my opinion"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i don't know, i'm watching nick gage slice mance warner's face off and i'm into it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

i don't know, i'm watching nick gage slice mance warner's face off and i'm into it

SLADE has turned things around for gcw

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah thats unfortunately why i've been put off by Spring break shows this year. I think if it was somehow a one night show, it'd be 100x a better get, the wrestlecon supershow looks much bigger/better on paper and i'm skipping the death match show

drat, that WrestleCon show does look nuts. I might need to buy that as a one-off after this weekend.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

its weird to me how gcw has been drawing bigger and bigger live crowds while i feel like their internet wrestling discussion presence has never been lower

wonder if it's gonna be one of those promotions where the audience suddenly just disappears at some point, or if they'll continue to draw because american indie wrestling doesn't have a lot else goin for it on a national level

I kinda think how Hammerstein played out hurt them a bit. They went from "can't miss" to me skipping about every other show. There's just something off about it lately.

That being said, this match is fun though.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
DEM BOYS

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Huntman posted:

I kinda think how Hammerstein played out hurt them a bit. They went from "can't miss" to me skipping about every other show. There's just something off about it lately.

it's also kind of expensive to try and follow GCW on the reg. i'm happy to support them for a show here and there but they could really benefit from some sort of monthly service

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Huntman posted:

I kinda wanna watch, but at the same time I'm leaning to Part 2 mainly for the Clusterfuck. Doesn't help I watched a highlight reel of the 2019 one and it looked sick.

Also I'm now debating either dropping the money for the bundle or just piecemeal the PPVs.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Of course my wife and mother in law walk in right as Allie Katch makes that gesture

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

jeff jarrett wrestlemania weekend mvp

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah maybe the way they've embraced Jeff Jarrett has something to do with it

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I also really want to know wtf is up with Nick Gage. Dude went from the main character of GCW to not even having an official match for Hammerstein, showing up out of shape (not that he was a body guy to begin with of course), and even in this last match it's just...idk, it's weird.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

it's also kind of expensive to try and follow GCW on the reg. i'm happy to support them for a show here and there but they could really benefit from some sort of monthly service

Yea if I could pay $20 a month or something I’d keep up with it but I can’t do every show under this model.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Huntman posted:

I also really want to know wtf is up with Nick Gage. Dude went from the main character of GCW to not even having an official match for Hammerstein, showing up out of shape (not that he was a body guy to begin with of course), and even in this last match it's just...idk, it's weird.

hasnt recovered well from his leg injury, atticus crougar apparently claims there's a drug issue in gcw so idk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe more people would be into GCW if they stopped having terrible shows

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
AR Fox is so sick

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming