Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Buddy of mine out of town invited me to come hang out with him for the weekend but he tested positive last Tuesday and has been completely asymptomatic the entire time (he tested because his housemate tested positive earlier in that week). I dunno if rapid antigen tests will continue to show up as positive after somebody stops being contagious or if a faint line means somebody is still contagious. I know the CDC or whatever says that covid stops existing after 10 days no matter what but I would also like to know what the other side has to say.

Anyway, he tested negative on one test this morning and then a faint line on another test a little while later and we're planning on rescheduling my visit unless he tests negative with both brands of tests tomorrow or on Thursday morning and I hope he does because I really wanna put my tongue in his mouth.

If a RAT is positive it means you're still contagious, so waiting is definitely a good idea. Definitely encourage him to swab his throat and cheeks before going low and slow into his nasal cavity with a single swab, the test is considerably more accurate that way. Per the CDC (website, not Mandy Cohen) three negative tests like that taken 48 hours apart = the end of the infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Dog Case posted:

I love that everything is so insane that this is a forgettable event. I also didn't remember

I had no idea this happened holy poo poo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

On the one hand, COVID is bad. On the other,

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bro you're an 04 have you never been shown instruction for a pruno

e: it would appear that the original is no longer available. this is the archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070312160938/http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030901.htm

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Aug 15, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why are people going on dates and tonguing each other? that seems questionable...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i only remember sailor so thank you for this delightful and insanely funny reminder

I envy you, I wish I could forget about all this dumb poo poo :v:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

tuyop posted:

I had no idea this happened holy poo poo

Ali G called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHD1N9vtPlE&t=187s

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Dog Case posted:

I love that everything is so insane that this is a forgettable event. I also didn't remember

lmfao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fosborb posted:

yeah, this is a huge regionalism thing too. New York and DC? just about every restaurant has permanent outdoor seating now.

Iowa? if they didn't already have outdoor seating before COVID no one built anything new

I think it's how the big cities approached 2020/1. you had to invest in seating outdoors because anything else was banned and it was necessary to just survive

what's the fanciest street of restaurants in Iowa?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Poppers posted:

Hike is a good first date :)
yep, did a year of this until vax

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

On the one hand, COVID is bad. On the other,

o cruel, needless misunderstanding! o stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. but it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. he had won the victory over himself. he loved Covid Thread.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1691510772889710593

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Dog Case posted:

Sometimes this world is beautiful

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Michael Scovid

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

salient posted:

quote:

For the first time since last year, @CDCgov reporting kids 0-11 and seniors 75+ are tied for the largest levels in this COVID-19 indicator

Ah poo poo, that's not good

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

Michael Scovid

Covid’s Trick

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I mean, I agree with train dude. why send a medical ship to treat a respiratory disease? doesnt make any sense!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

fosborb posted:

I mean, I agree with train dude. why send a medical ship to treat a respiratory disease? doesnt make any sense!

If it's airborne you send a medical zeppelin duh

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
yet

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2023/08/15/surge-in-covid-cases-sparks-worries-among-va-leaders/ posted:

Surge in COVID cases sparks worries among VA leaders

COVID-19 cases among Veterans Health Administration patients have nearly tripled in the last month to more than 4,000. But Department of Veterans Affairs officials aren’t bringing back masks or recommending any significant changes in hospital or quarantine procedures, for now.

“The spikes are concerning,” said Dr. Shereef Elnahal, VA Under Secretary for Health, in a press call with reporters on Tuesday. “Thankfully, we have not seen signs of it overwhelming the system yet (..)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

mawarannahr posted:

what's the fanciest street of restaurants in Iowa?

just go to a pizza ranch

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
:canada:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-activity-in-canada-showing-early-signs-that-it-may-be-increasing-data-1.6520187 posted:

COVID-19 activity in Canada showing early signs that it may be increasing: data

COVID-19 infections may be slowly starting to rise again in Canada, new data from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) suggests.

"There are signs of continued fluctuations in some COVID-19 activity indicators after a long period of gradual decline," the agency's online epidemiology update said on Tuesday.

"This may be an early sign of increases in activity."
(..)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

spotted in the wild
Count the IG among the challenges facing Social Security

federalnewsnetwork.com posted:

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is on the Government Accountability Office’s High Risk List. It is there primarily because of its long-term fiscal uncertainty and questions about whether, in the long run, it can pay the benefits it owes retired Americans. But SSA also has an other internal management problem, stemming from its Office of Inspector General. That’s according to Federal Drive with Tom Temin‘s guest: Faith Williams, Director of the Effective and Accountable Government Program at the Project on Government Oversight (POGO).

Interview Transcript: 

quote:

Tom Temin And the Office of Inspector General seems to be by published reports and research you have done, they retaliate against whistleblowers.

Faith Williams Yes, they have. And excuse my voice, by the way, I’m fighting a summer cold, as are so many of us. But what we have learned and what the whistleblowers have reported to us is that not only have they faced whistleblower retaliation in the past, but that whistleblower retaliation is ongoing.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

concerning

but not concerning enough to DO something

why even say anything at all haha jesus christ

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"we will wait until the system gets overwhelmed and breaks before changing how we do things".

We love our veterans don't we folks?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

CODChimera posted:

why are people going on dates and tonguing each other? that seems questionable...

to bust

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

CODChimera posted:

I’m chudpilled and covidmaxxing

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Delete their Covid thread and tell them to listen to doctors.

Doctors:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fosborb posted:

Still. That is a lot of effort to put into "just asking questions".

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Animal-Mother posted:

Delete their Covid thread and tell them to listen to doctors.

Doctors:

Yep. Those 52 doctors are sickening and also representative of all physicians.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Poppers posted:

Yep. Those 52 doctors are sickening and also representative of all physicians.
maybe they should speak up a little louder against their colleagues :shrug: you know that old line about a bar with one Nazi in it?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

if you see a doctor, just raise your arms above your head and run at them. ez to deal with

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

maybe they should speak up a little louder against their colleagues :shrug: you know that old line about a bar with one Nazi in it?

They just published a paper identifying specific instances of physician propagated misinformation it seems, to me

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Poppers posted:

They just published a paper identifying specific instances of physician propagated misinformation it seems, to me
they should defrock them first and I'll consider it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

aw frig aw dang it posted:

if you see a doctor, just raise your arms above your head and run at them. ez to deal with

doctor spray doesnt work btw

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Doctors are basically Nazi collaborators but especially if they don’t wear masks on Zoom

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
going to ccw to my annual physical in case the guy tries to do an oral temp. then i start blasting and dont stop blasting until my door is safely locked behind me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m from Buenos Aires and I say mistrust em all!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Poppers posted:

Doctors are basically Nazi collaborators but especially if they don’t wear masks on Zoom
preach

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al! posted:

going to ccw to my annual physical in case the guy tries to do an oral temp. then i start blasting and dont stop blasting until my door is safely locked behind me

And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two doctors you didn't even know were there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m from Buenos Aires and I say mistrust em all!

Lol