Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I haven't noticed brands switch from 12 to 8 but I have noticed new brands that crop up seem to favor 8. I feel like this was starting even before the inflation spike so my impression was that it was a marketing thing, a lot of "artisanal" products come in 4 rather than 6 packs for many beverages so when I saw new types of sparkling water coming out in 8 packs it seemed like they were trying to capitalize on that sort of premium "you get less but each one is better" feel.

They had a really good sale on Aha like a year ago so I got a couple boxes and it basically tastes no different than my standard (Safeway store brand, which is regularly 2ish a 12 pack on sale), but the packaging and stuff did look nicer.

I think an issue with going in this direction and why we'll probably see a lot of these lines fail is half the point of sparkling water is that you can pound as much as you want guilt free. The market for a glass bottle cane sugar creme soda that's more expensive than a 12 pack of cans is clear because you intuitively know you shouldn't be having a lot of it so paying extra for a really good one makes sense, which is not the case at all for seltzers.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU