Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Viola the Mad posted:

I love Char, he's a terrible person in so many ways. Please kick the poo poo out of him, and do it with the full White Base crew. Sayla needs to be in on the poo poo-kicking action. Earth Federation and Bright Noa.

Fourthing/fifthing this. Serge Gainsbourg Federation supremacy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

General Revil posted:

That's true, but their first encounter is just after Garma's funeral. White base sets off from across the Pacific, Ramba reenters Earth in the Zanzibar, and they fight the white base team for a bit.

In the anime, it's poorly placed, because you have the white base leaving Seattle to cross the Pacific, fighting the skirmish against ramba ral (and having the hilarious moment of no one knowing what lightning is), then they break off. Ramba continues to Asia, and the white base loops back to Canada, and has the episodes with Amuro's mother and the chill Zeon guys that plant bombs on the Gundam. Only then does the white base attempt a second crossing of the Pacific (encountering Cucuruz Doan along the way), and then to central Asia, where they fight several more times.

In the movies, it's a little more streamlined, as they don't have that first aborted crossing, and they encounter Ramba in the north Pacific on their first crossing attempt, after dealing with Amuro's mother.

Unless you're commenting about the fact that we're in East Asia right now, and not central Asia. Then you can ignore my info dump.

Don't forget the version from The Origin. They confront Garma in L.A. (also Amuro's home is near the US/Mexico border) then head south toward Jaburo, detouring around the west side of the Andes due to Zeon AA coverage; the attacks by Ramba Ral and the Black Tri-Stars occur along the way. Flows a lot better and makes more sense given that they were supposed to be headed for Jaburo in the first place anyhow.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

I personally would try at some point to steal data for the Big Zam, build one, and put Sleggar in it just for the karma. From the sound of things though, the game doesn't allow that sort of shenanigans, which is a drat shame.