Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

This is the dude who Alanis offered a million dollars to do nothing for a year so he would stay in her band for her next tour

Basically pampered and celebrated and paid better than the great thinkers, scientists and humanitarians of the world, based on his ability to play the drums at the level of a talented high schooler

see ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Chrpno posted:

This is the dude who Alanis offered a million dollars to do nothing for a year so he would stay in her band for her next tour

Basically pampered and celebrated and paid better than the great thinkers, scientists and humanitarians of the world, based on his ability to play the drums at the level of a talented high schooler

see ya

how unhappy are you that you don't have any rhythm

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chrpno posted:

see ya

Taylor was no Jan Axel Blomberg or Carmine Appice, but I'd love to see video of you playing drums.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, pretty petty to get mad at someone accepting an offer that we'd all also accept.

Don't loving lie; you'd take that deal. You'd have to be talented to be considered, but you'd take it.

Also, how the gently caress can someone just.... deny aids?!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Now that I think about it, it's kind of ironic that he died in South Africa.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 27, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

See: the COVID-19 Pandemic, except that one was way more visible

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Also, pretty petty to get mad at someone accepting an offer that we'd all also accept.

Don't loving lie; you'd take that deal. You'd have to be talented to be considered, but you'd take it.

That seems so odd to me if Taylor was actually behind that idea. If he was, I wonder how he thought Freddie died given the fact that he absolutely loved Queen.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

did you miss the 90s as a whole?

Mumpy Puffinz fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 27, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did you miss the 90s as a whole?

No, I remember all of the AIDS stuff from then but wasn't this denial well afterwards? Like late 2000's?

loving get a clue, guys. Fight foo, not aids victims. I just don't get it.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Kirk Vikernes posted:

but I'd love to see video of you playing drums.

I will put my drum chops up against ol' CokeyTeeth in a drum battle any day this week

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Chrpno posted:

I will put my drum chops up against ol' CokeyTeeth in a drum battle any day this week

ok

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

No, I remember all of the AIDS stuff from then but wasn't this denial well afterwards? Like late 2000's?

loving get a clue, guys. Fight foo, not aids victims. I just don't get it.

Its been horrible since the 80s. I got a clue and it it sucks.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

It wasn’t that aids doesn’t exist, it was that HIV doesn’t cause aids. An equally stupid position.

https://medium.com/the-monthly/the-foo-fighters-aids-denialism-should-be-on-the-record-6e33666fdc3c

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
This is really really sad news and gently caress, man, I loved Taylor Hawkins and I love the Foos. Awful, awful! Dave and Taylor seemed like the nicest guys in rock and roll and this is so loving sad. Here's a quote from Dave's new book about his relationship with Taylor, gently caress. The Foos are the nicest goofiest middle aged men in music, and this loving sucks.

Dave Grohl posted:

Tearing through the room like an F5 tornado of hyperactive joy was Taylor Hawkins, my brother from another mother, my best friend, a man for whom I would take a bullet. Upon first meeting, our bond was immediate, and we grew closer with every day, every song, every note that we played together. I am not afraid to say that our chance meeting was a kind of love at first sight, igniting a musical “twin flame” that still burns to this day. Together, we have become an unstoppable duo, onstage and off, in pursuit of any and all adventure we can find. We are absolutely meant to be, and I am grateful that we found each other in this lifetime.

I'm going to get drunk and watch an old concert. Heaven has a big band now.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

So now that Taylor's dead, what new band will Dave Grohl break off and make this time?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

So now that Taylor's dead, what new band will Dave Grohl break off and make this time?

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Foo Fighters suck

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Futanari Damacy posted:

Foo Fighters suck

Wrong, and sad.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

neato burrito posted:

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/ta...-officials-say/

quote:

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues to investigate, the attorney general said.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

He went out the right way

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How long before it comes out that he was:

A. A sexual assaulter

B. Child toucher

C. Anti-LGBTQ etc....

D. Racist

E. Just a big rear end jerk of some sort

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

wesleywillis posted:

How long before it comes out that he was:

A. A sexual assaulter

B. Child toucher

C. Anti-LGBTQ etc....

D. Racist

E. Just a big rear end jerk of some sort

extremely strange post i kinda want to report it
but i think this will never come out because he is loving dead now

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

How many of us have at least three of those in our systems right now?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i have all of those in my system, most of them twice or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i have all of those in my system, most of them twice or more.

That’s what I mean. I hate those toxicology reports every time someone famous dies. Oh no, a musician in his fifties had pot, antidepressant, Xanax, and a widely prescribed pain reliever in his system. Wow what a junkie. :jerkbag: