Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I hope deSantis counters with NO HOMO.

Probably too creative for Republicans though.

e: poo poo snipe SRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

I just don't think it's a good idea to talk to kids about sex when they haven't even started puberty yet, so the law made sense to me at first even though I knew the rightwingers would just misuse it.
Sexuality is not sex you dumbfuck. We teach kids hetereosexuality from birth, they are force fed it by children's books and disney movies. No one wants to teach kids about sex you absolute moron. They just want to show them children's books with same sex kids holding hands so people can grow up not living in shame and fear of their own feelings.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Holy moly democrat culture war #clapback spectacle as they continue to lose every battle and conditions continue to get worse on their watch. Dems stay winning!@

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Hammerite posted:

I hear you're a paedophile now, Father
That’s a big word for a boy your age!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you violate off the top, trick, u gotta go

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
someone should start a "gay begins at conception" movement that advocates for more abortions in order to quell the rising gay tide

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm going to curb teenage preganancies by instituting a sexed program that teaches young boys that girls will bite your weenie off and suck your soul out through the wound. then everyone will be gay. I call it scared gay

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

All the kids just say suss now anyways.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm personally outraged that they will be banning the number 58008 from all mathematics programs because of this law, since it could be construed as sex education if you turn it upside down on your calculator.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Yaldabaoth posted:

I just don't think it's a good idea to talk to kids about sex when they haven't even started puberty yet
why

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*walking down the street bobbing my head*

gay gay gay gay gay

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think they mean kids that aren't theirs

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Big Beef City posted:

I think they mean kids that aren't theirs

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but I think early sex ed is an idea worth considering. And regarding whether the kids are theirs or not, I think it is much better when the person explaining the sex is a teacher with some professional training rather than dumbfuck parents, many of whom had the kid in the first place only because their own sex ed failed them

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I wish I had billboard money (that's a couple levels below "gently caress you" money, but still pretty good).

There are so many messages I wish to share with the world.

Especially if you can buy several in a row to really hook people and get em thinking.

GAY

SASQUATCHES

AHEAD

Then it's up to the viewer to interpret that as a warning or a blessing.

Can just change out SASQUATCHES to SWAMPTHINGS instead for Florida or whatever their mythical beast of choice is. It's a versatile modular concept.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can you just add 'hot' to it?
And put it all inside a LP fueled flaming heart?

So the billboard is the fiery heart with

HOT.
GAY.
SASQUATCHES.
AHEAD!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
It only further deepens the question for ze viewer.

Are the Sasquatches aflame and in agony, gay, and nearby?

Or are the Sasquatches simply attractive, gay, and nearby?

Ze viewer alone must choose their interpretation, and choose his or her final path.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 27, 2022

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Skunk Ape is notoriously homophobic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

for much the same reason we don't teach them how to drive until they're almost old enough to do so

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

The appropriate analogy here isn't "teaching kids to drive" though, it would be "teaching kids that cars exist, that adults drive them, and that driving without knowing the rules of the road can injure or kill someone"

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

What's the opposite of GAY?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
no, no! we musut continue to pretend kids dont know about sex until theres a huge family argument that cements the child has been laying/getting pipe!!!

its not real if i dont acknowledge it la la la

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Big Beef City posted:

Can you just add 'hot' to it?
And put it all inside a LP fueled flaming heart?

So the billboard is the fiery heart with

HOT.
GAY.
SASQUATCHES.
AHEAD!

PM the coordinates to me please?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

YAG

It's the new secret code word.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This Is the Zodiac posted:

The appropriate analogy here isn't "teaching kids to drive" though, it would be "teaching kids that cars exist, that adults drive them, and that driving without knowing the rules of the road can injure or kill someone"

I'm such a dumbfuck that the whole thing didn't click for me until you dumbed it down into this simple analogy. Goddamn, am I dense.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

YAG

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh no, the antediluvian snake god?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm such a dumbfuck that the whole thing didn't click for me until you dumbed it down into this simple analogy. Goddamn, am I dense.
I helped!
To build on the analogy, the people driving this legislation want schools to stop acknowledging that people drive cars, but also to ban movies, TV shows, and books about cars or the act of driving — or even just basic depictions of adults driving safely — and their reasoning is that because driving is not for children, children shouldn't even be aware of it.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Does he not have eyelids?

Imagine the poo poo his sex toys see.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Nictitating membrane

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whose head is that the backside of?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Absolute Nihilism

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Captchas sure are difficult these days.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

This Is the Zodiac posted:

i'm just messing around, i think it's a good idea to accelerate maturity whenever possible. its frankly a tremendous waste and a boffo size capitalism sin to have kids be infantilized for so long. yeah yeah, this creates more money circulation in the short term by making a child a net loss for a household, but it neglects the long term benefits of initiating them into the workforce ASAP - something which, perforce, necessitates a basic grasp of all facets of mature Adult Capitalist Unit life, including reproduction

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The homersexual agenda?

Simpsons did it!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So's my dick.

Edit: To contribute seriously: It won't be too tragic if the Florida conservatives do achieve a ban on sex ed for school to year 3, which is their reported agenda here, but is is a slippery slope, and their probable long term agenda is to ban sex ed entirely from schools, or only allow their own version with e.g. abstinence as the only "birth control" method taught.

Many fundie conservatives actually believe that sperm can and does seep between the spaces of the rubber molecules in condoms, so the use of condoms should not be taught.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 28, 2022

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ya know they clearly haven't heard of the Streisand effect. Where Barbara Streisand, a famously homosexual, attempted to make it illegal to say she was gay, and now everyone knows she's gay.

What I'm getting at is everyone is gay, actually.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

that's a pretty good insult

even more lol at the wikipedia article about it

Fuckin lmao