Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

Many fundie conservatives actually believe that sperm can and does seep between the spaces of the rubber molecules in condoms, so the use of condoms should not be taught.

They just understand science better than anyone, what can you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The Butcher posted:

I wish I had billboard money (that's a couple levels below "gently caress you" money, but still pretty good).

There are so many messages I wish to share with the world.

Especially if you can buy several in a row to really hook people and get em thinking.

GAY

SASQUATCHES

AHEAD

Then it's up to the viewer to interpret that as a warning or a blessing.

Can just change out SASQUATCHES to SWAMPTHINGS instead for Florida or whatever their mythical beast of choice is. It's a versatile modular concept.

I call this "Three Billboards Outside Tallahassee, Florida"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
its funny because instead of banning sex ed until a certain grade they could have worded it as "sex ed begins at grade x" and gotten no substantial pushback

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

when my kids (5 and 7) ask me questions about baby making and stuff I just tell them straight up in an age-appropriate way. they go ‘oh ok’ then go back to whatever weird play bullshit they were doing.

my view is that you want to normalise it, not having any shame in it, and the kids should feel free to ask questions and make informed choices. seems disrespectful to them otherwise

in summary, loving de santis and his hateful performative bullshit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just go back to the good old Catholic way of making sex something that everyone knows about but that everyone also knows is filthy and disgusting and not to ever, ever be talked about or felt good about or done with the lights on

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will have catholic sex

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

when my kids (5 and 7) ask me questions about baby making and stuff I just tell them straight up in an age-appropriate way. they go ‘oh ok’ then go back to whatever weird play bullshit they were doing.

my view is that you want to normalise it, not having any shame in it, and the kids should feel free to ask questions and make informed choices. seems disrespectful to them otherwise

in summary, loving de santis and his hateful performative bullshit

my dad had a black garbage bag full of the filthiest 80s skin mags imaginable

im sorry what were we talking about

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

my dad had a black garbage bag full of the filthiest 80s skin mags imaginable

im sorry what were we talking about

Dermatology magazines are very informative

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

This Is the Zodiac posted:

I helped!
To build on the analogy, the people driving this legislation want schools to stop acknowledging that people drive cars, but also to ban movies, TV shows, and books about cars or the act of driving — or even just basic depictions of adults driving safely — and their reasoning is that because driving is not for children, children shouldn't even be aware of it.

its not quite like that. the people behind this poo poo dont really want to prevent kids from being exposed to any mention of sex. what they want is to prevent kids from being exposed to anything that implies its ok to be gay. they don't want to stop kids from seeing movies, tv shows, and books etc that depict hetero couples kissing or holding hands, they want to ban same sex couples doing those things in kids media.

since that position is now clearly bigotry even to mainstream american society, it has to be disguised as being about sex ed. but it really isnt about that at all, at least not across the board

the bill also includes provisions that makes it so that kids cannot get counseling without parental consent. and the purpose of that is to prevent kids who are being bullied at home for their sexuality from getting help or resources.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 28, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

precision posted:

its funny because instead of banning sex ed until a certain grade they could have worded it as "sex ed begins at grade x" and gotten no substantial pushback

But that wouldn't have owned the libs.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

precision posted:

just go back to the good old Catholic way of making sex something that everyone knows about but that everyone also knows is filthy and disgusting and not to ever, ever be talked about or felt good about or done with the lights on

Yeah, and establish some orphanages like the Catholic ones in Ireland last century, where babies born out of wedlock can be sent to be killed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just do what Romans did idk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

precision posted:

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah, and establish some orphanages like the Catholic ones in Ireland last century, where babies born out of wedlock can be sent to be killed.

*busts down wall to get into the thread as audience hoots and titters*
"Hey everybody, ah, hah, ho, ya, so ah, I see I'm not too late then, to ah, just wedge in a dig at Catholics on this topic?"

*applause sign flashing crowd standing and screaming, loving it*

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I will have catholic sex

Catholics only have sex once every 9 months.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Catholics only have sex once every 9 months.

Maybe you could give them a call

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

"Hey everybody, ah, hah, ho, ya, so ah, I see I'm not too late then, to ah, just wedge in a dig at Catholics on this topic?"

Guys be nice to the Catholics or the pope will send the Papal Guard to chop you in half with their halberds

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Big Beef City posted:

Those who can, do. Those who can't, shitpost.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Holy… The bill was signed into law by Ron DeSatan.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Wrong, DeSantis is 100% doing the lord's work, it's just that God is the rightwing rear end in a top hat the bible makes him out to be.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Yaldabaoth posted:

Wrong, DeSantis is 100% doing the lord's work, it's just that God is the rightwing rear end in a top hat the bible makes him out to be.

lol. Well then, all the more reason for me to hail satan.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Good Sphere posted:

lol. Well then, all the more reason for me to hail satan.

Exactly. Satan would be all for for everyone being whatever they are but it's God who says only straight white men count as human.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Trembling before G-y

naem
May 29, 2011

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
billboard gay, so what

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Post grade 3 can be anatomical sex ed, but make pre grade 3 healthy relationships sex ed. Get that poo poo down ASAP.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for the satanic lol squad to sue every teacher that gives any lesson involving heterosexual relationships or cis people

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

people dont really have sex do they?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I know I certainly don't

:negative:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I wish I was a gay billboard.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I wish I was a gay billboard.

I say live the dream

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Big Beef City posted:

Oh no, do you think the pope is okay? Has anyone checked?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

no, its a myth made up to sell XXL dildoes

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think I've seen a godly dildo before, it was shaped like a nun

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

My older brother is the most homophobic guy I know. He told me growing up if I "decided" to be gay he'd kill me.

His oldest son is loving flaming. He's hitting 18 and moving out to take all of the dicks, like on grindr, wearing leather, gayest dude you've ever met.

And it's loving hilarious.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

That’s also a perfect descriptor of the entire stretch of US-19 through West Virginia.

My brother and I were driving through some state roads in WV about 20 years ago and saw a billboard that had a family pictured on it. Mom had 80’s big hair and the dad and the kid had loving mullets, and it said “HUGS, NOT SLUGS” to the right of it. It was apparently an anti-domestic violence billboard of sorts.

We were on a schedule so we couldn’t return to the billboard to snap a picture, but years later I wish we would’ve because it was WV.jpeg boiled down to its pure essence.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The interior of North America is a cursed void that was not meant to be inhabited by humans, it's what happens when the forces of law purge practically all sources of chaos and creation from the land.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

The interior of North America is a cursed void that was not meant to be inhabited by humans, it's what happens when the forces of law purge practically all sources of chaos and creation from the land.

It's there anything you don't hate?
So far I've got, men, some women, southerners, Europeans, politicians, middle Americans, yourself, the rich, middle income, the military, whites, and a few more.

What else ya got

E: forgot entertainers, musicians, mainstream culture, the media, sports, movies, and a couple more you've mentioned

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 30, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

It's there anything you don't hate?
So far I've got, men, some women, southerners, Europeans, politicians, middle Americans, yourself, the rich, middle income, the military, whites, and a few more.

What else ya got

E: forgot entertainers, musicians, mainstream culture, the media, sports, movies, and a couple more you've mentioned

I hate reality. There are some good things here but they're mostly good in spite of reality's shittiness.

Basically fuckheads like Jordan Peterson are right about the "Rules" reality operates on and too many people are all too happy to embrace those rules because they happen to benefit only them.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 30, 2022

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Lol smoke some weed or go out with some friends or something dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

runnypoops posted:

Lol smoke some weed or go out with some friends or something dude

Yes I'm about to do that now.