Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

So like six years ago (:shepface:) we LP'd Mario Party 2 and it ruled. Now six years later, we're married and I'm living in our apartment, and by the time we play the second map (whatever it is we haven't played it yet), Grace will be living here too! Also I caught the plague unfortunately and I drank some cider because my symptoms aren't strong enough that I'll need acetaminophen because mixing the two is very dangerous but thankfully I have a really high pain tolerance, to the point that my doctor described it as "dangerous" one time when the blood vessels in my eye just all loving exploded but like, it really DIDN'T hurt that bad I got a bunch of days off school and I played the poo poo out of Ace Combat 4 I don't really remember any of it because I had a high fever and like the cough was the reason my eye basically exploded but I was also playing The Bouncer at the time like those were the two games I rented, Ace Combat 4 and The Bouncer, and dude The Bouncer fuckin ruled I remember the back of the box made a whole thing like "The story changes based on what you choose!" but it was just sorta small poo poo like the moeblob lady would be like "yay sion!" if you picked Sion to save her or like "UGH." if you picked Kou because he was kinda weird and lanky but I'd party with him he's my bro my favourite was Volt because he was really big and punched stuff and that's how I want to live my life

Okay so like, I also remember there was this whole sequence where you're in a train and some bad guy is like I PUT A DING DANG BOMB ON IT! DICK MOVE LOL!! and you have to find it, but it's only in a specific spot if it's the last place you pick? this is ancient memories I'm dealing with here that might not be right but I definitely remember having to open a specific box last so Kou would find a card and decouple the lovely bomb part of the train. If you didn't that level loving sucked and enemies would literally fight you as an impending death wall of water was coming and your character was like "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS" and really though but they still kicked your rear end and died as a result so gently caress them, stupid assholes

Anyway you eventually go to space and fight the final boss who is hilariously easy until your third playthrough because he knows you maxed out the levels of all your dudes so he just loving goes bananas and fucks your life up, and I never managed to beat him because I was 11 and cripplingly sick and that's literally the only time I got to play that game I rented it from blockbuster and once I was healthy again it was loving gone, this poo poo haunts me GOD DAMMIT

mario

:siren:Episodes!:siren:

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 1 - Problems Can't Happen Twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You didn't post the sexy monty mole like I requested

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh huh, for some reason I saw this game and thought it was another minigame collection, glad to see it actually has real boards.

For the GameCube games, 5 was the only one I put much time in. It had some minigames I liked a lot (Coney Island and Pushy Penguins, if that one shows up). But the big reason I remember it is that it was (I think) the only one to feature capsules, which you can buy and that contain items or event triggers. Sure, you can use them directly, but you can also place them on board spaces. For longer games, you could essentially cover the entire board with these and make every turn into chaos mode, which was a lot of fun if you (a) had a lot of time on your hands, and (b) were even less invested in having a fair game compared to the average Mario Party.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
first

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Can't wait to see how Dan gets screwed over.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
finally, something that i am not so horribly behind on (and incapable of understanding) as terraria: a return to dokapon kingdom

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I was looking through my imgur gallery for something completely unrelated and found this gif so I figured I'd post it in a Dan thread. Enjoy.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Geemer posted:

I was looking through my imgur gallery for something completely unrelated and found this gif so I figured I'd post it in a Dan thread. Enjoy.

:five:

Already the best thread in LP.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Congrats on your tax break and imminent cohabitation! Really looking forward to more of this. :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GrandmaParty posted:

You didn't post the sexy monty mole like I requested

I'm the only sexy monty mole allowed in my threads :colbert:

I have no idea what that means.

Felinoid posted:

Congrats on your tax break and imminent cohabitation! Really looking forward to more of this. :)

There'll probably be a short break after space world, but the next map we play, we'll be recording with Chris in Canada :toot:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 2 - I'm Having A Terrible Time

True to my word, I have so far put exactly one night stand together and the rest are still in boxes. In my defense I also have Covid so there were unexpected complications

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

True to my word, I have so far put exactly one night stand together and the rest are still in boxes. In my defense I also have Covid so there were unexpected complications

some dumb joke about "one night stand" goes here sorry i can't quite make it work

happy to hear that the move-in day is getting close :yayclod:

e: fuckin lmao at that last turn

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 27, 2022

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I saw it coming a mile away, and it was beautiful. :allears:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Let's Play Mario Red Panda Party :colbert:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Let's Play Mario Red Panda Party :colbert:

:five:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 3 - Nintendo's Not Great At Internet

Honestly the netplay has been pretty good, which is nice considering the Mario 3D world netplay was... less so

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

on the stickers, rosalina's crown looks like jughead's hat

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

"Don't listen to me, I'm the bad guy!"

Look, Dan, Rosalina is a princess, which means she's royalty. And royalty are not known for the good decisions when it comes to bad guys. I think it's the in-breeding.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

biosterous posted:

on the stickers, rosalina's crown looks like jughead's hat

This is now my headcanon, she's just always munching a burg or something while reading her starchildren a storybook about her sad childhood or whatever

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

disposablewords posted:

"Don't listen to me, I'm the bad guy!"

Look, Dan, Rosalina is a princess, which means she's royalty. And royalty are not known for the good decisions when it comes to bad guys. I think it's the in-breeding.

Something I'm very proud of is managing to build an LP dynamic where both of us are the heel, I could never do it on purpose it's literally just how we are in real life

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Something I'm very proud of is managing to build an LP dynamic where both of us are the heel, I could never do it on purpose it's literally just how we are in real life

At yet as soon as I make a guest appearance, somehow I'm the villain.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CirclMastr posted:

You know why

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You two are still cute as ever.
Were did you move to?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

cant cook creole bream posted:

You two are still cute as ever.
Were did you move to?

Not too far from where I used to live, but it's in our names now :toot: I only live a couple minutes away but Grace is moving to a whole new country, he's definitely doing the way more difficult part of this move.

CirclMastr posted:

You don't get to 69420 my husband and I at wheel of fortune and then pretend we have no reason for a blood feud :mad:

(for those unaware of deep Dan and Grace lore, yes that actually happened)

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 4 - Luigi You Fuckman

Luigi's Mansion 3 was one of the other games Grace and I played while I was in the states in November 2019, and Death Stranding did not have a level where you were in a raft and had to do precision movements using your vacuum to pull you around.

We beat Death Stranding and did not beat Luigi's Mansion

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1507878232921681924?t=hovHUfAJmFBkPCe22qhPfA&s=19

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:mrgw:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe they managed to actually make a good Mario Party again

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

That episode managed to be, I think, simultaneously fantastically unlucky for you, Dan, and yet also the luckiest you've been in one of these games. It's genuinely impressive.

Also, at least the filthy machine still lost. Try as it might to rig the game, it still couldn't win in the end.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 5 - Second Doesn't Mean Anything

Grace made it to Canada! And we officially live together! Finally! Holy poo poo!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Danaru posted:

Grace made it to Canada! And we officially live together! Finally! Holy poo poo!

:toot:

Very happy for you two!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Congratulations, but also lol that now, in the moment when Grace is finally living with you, and is not a temporary guest, only now has his name started appearing as "Guest 1".

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

:peanut:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Hell yeah! Congrats, you two!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

At least it took until the second game for me to get called out at random for no reason.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CirclMastr posted:

At least it took until the second game for me to get called out at random for no reason.

Yo same! I'll hope you'll find it's not me who is the b-hole. You are the b-holes.

How you like them apples?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 5 - Second Doesn't Mean Anything

Hell yeah. You enjoy touchin' that butt.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Danaru posted:

Congrats! I'm happy for you guys.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Mario Party Superstar Episode 6 - Either Way, Your Life Sucks

Whoops sorry it's been a busy week, we own a couch now :toot:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Literally everyone was rooting for donkey Kong in that duel

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that loving hidden block was total bullshit lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
This game likes to go out of its way to make it totally random who wins. Skill seems to matter very little.