Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gb9v4LI4o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Several times. It was easy and I'm not an imbecile so I knew what I was going to be charged

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
They get you on the milage. But just get an idea of what you're using before you leave?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lots of times OP. Every size too, from the pickup truck to the van all the way to whatever the epic biggest one is. Got one right across the line in the next town over so I can keep that mileage on lock. I guess you could say I’m a U-Haul Pro OP. Word to the wise though, don’t use the app to check in/out, it’s a total fail OP.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I rented a UHaul and turned it into a MeHaul

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I knocked my front teeth out the last time I rented a U-haul. There was freezing rain and my tool chest got away from me while rolling it down the ramp.

$49 for the truck and $2200 for crowns.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
one of the times I rented a uhaul I scraped the side of the truck on a pole at a gas station because I am not used to driving a vehicle that wide and it sounded pretty bad but they didn’t charge me any extra.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Word to the wise though, don’t use the app to check in/out, it’s a total fail OP.

Factually accurate statement

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What’s your order gonna be? Been wanting to go back for fries and a frosty sometime soon

Sorry I didn’t want to leave you hanging on this very important topic.

I went with the $5 biggie bag (bacon double stack, nuggets, fries and drink). I was really in the mood for a wrap but I guess they no longer have them any more; in fact they didn’t have a value menu at all listed.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I don't mind driving a U-Haul but I've never done it interstate - it's usually been short distance driving. I don't particularly mind it but I definitely don't like doing it either

Always get the insurance - totally worth it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUHf6rklYCg

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

styls trill epic posted:

What happened OP? How did they screw you out of the big bucks?

Ordered a truck and movers through uhaul itself.

Day of the move uhaul calls us as we are pulling into the parking lot and tells us that they dont have a truck so dont bother showing up and they will call us when they do have a truck maybe this afternoon if one shows up. Cant cancel or reschedule the movers who we already paid for, cant give us another truck. They have plenty of the same size we reserved but they cant give them to us because they are only for local use and we are moving ~550 miles north.

Finally after being on the phone with them for like an hour they offer to let me have a 26' truck instead if i go pick it up on the whole other side of LA at 3 in the afternoon. We already have told the property manager that we would have the apt keys to her that afternoon, so obvoisly that isnt working.

After a ton more bitching at them the truck we had originally ordered magically turned up at the spot it was supposed to be but it was still after the movers were supposed to be there and they wouldnt just give us a refund so we had to get a bunch of cash and spend way too much for a crew of day laborers we grabbed outside of Lowes to get everything packed in time and then had to drive all night and didnt get to our new place until like 2am.

gently caress uhaul with an AIDS dick.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nooner posted:

Day of the move uhaul calls us as we are pulling into the parking lot and tells us that they dont have a truck so dont bother showing up and they will call us when they do have a truck maybe this afternoon if one shows up. Cant cancel or reschedule the movers who we already paid for, cant give us another truck. They have plenty of the same size we reserved but they cant give them to us because they are only for local use and we are moving ~550 miles north.

Finally after being on the phone with them for like an hour they offer to let me have a 26' truck instead if i go pick it up on the whole other side of LA at 3 in the afternoon. We already have told the property manager that we would have the apt keys to her that afternoon, so obvoisly that isnt working.

After a ton more bitching at them the truck we had originally ordered magically turned up at the spot it was supposed to be but it was still after the movers were supposed to be there and they wouldnt just give us a refund so we had to get a bunch of cash and spend way too much for a crew of day laborers we grabbed outside of Lowes to get everything packed in time and then had to drive all night and didnt get to our new place until like 2am.

I won't gently caress uhaul for u Nooner

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
move my precious furniture

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
One time I drove a uhaul to collect my dads dead belongings but luckily I saved 20% cause I work at uhaul

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

U-Haul is a serious fail
Pensky stays winning

Lol classic example

Nooner posted:

Reserving a truck means dick to U-Haul, they know they got you by the short n curlies unless you want to pay a couple hundo more to a win truck rental company like Pensky

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 28, 2022

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

nexous posted:

One time I drove a uhaul to collect my dads dead belongings but luckily I saved 20% cause I work at uhaul

looks like theres two sides to every coin OP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

move my precious furniture

lol. THIS

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

styls trill epic posted:

looks like theres two sides to every coin OP

there's 3 actually, op

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
With the cost of moving and the relative cost of furniture one wonders if its even WORTH moving furniture and not simply buying it anew... Very wasteful world we live in OP

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm a lesbian, what do you think?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Why is furniture so oddly shaped?????

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

styls trill epic posted:

how many sides does your furniture have, op?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

how many sides does your furniture have, op?

Still think the scuderia is "fail" op?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

check the other thread op. never said the racing team was fail

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

check the other thread op. never said the racing team was fail

I forget the thread OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

styls trill epic posted:

I would like to see the local news do a multi-part series on Couches: How come they're never really long enough to actually lay on even if you're not that tall.

Unless you get one of those 90ft long curved sectionals that as far as I can tell only exist in a state of pretty used, and at houses shared by college/post-college aged guys where it's never really adequate to fit the people present or far too big and you still can't see the tv at the right angle or something.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

I would like to see the local news do a multi-part series on Couches: How come they're never really long enough to actually lay on even if you're not that tall.

Unless you get one of those 90ft long curved sectionals that as far as I can tell only exist in a state of pretty used, and at houses shared by college/post-college aged guys where it's never really adequate to fit the people present or far too big and you still can't see the tv at the right angle or something.

THIS

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I bought a new sectional couch (not curved) large enough for a 6'4" man to lay on, maybe you're just terrible at furniture shopping (and shopping)??

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My dad was going to rent a U-haul trailer for several hauling trips we were going to be making over the course of a year. looked up the prices, and decided it was worth it to buy a used trailer instead. We hauled stuff for quite a few years with that bad boy, until pop decided that he no longer needed it and sold it for more than he bought it for. Winners all around!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Nooner posted:

There’s about 60% chance I was involved in the software that caused your overbooking.

goondolences

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Look at these high rollers, renting trucks through uhaul. Budget is the working man's choice.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oyak posted:

Look at these high rollers, renting trucks through uhaul. Budget is the working man's choice.

OH WOW big city man with all his options! Penske, Budget, farty Joe's Truck house, And more.

Us country boys make do!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rented a 24 footer 10 years ago because my sister was renting a house that decided to burst its water main in the middle of the night and flood it out while she slept. She had been eyeing a house for sale at the time and was interested in buying, and when the realtor got wind of what happened, she came in to the office and worked tirelessly to push the sale through so my sister could get out of the old house ASAP.

Finished the realtor paperwork by midday, went to sis’s old house with the U-Haul, loaded up everything in one go into the night while the place was still wet (landlord had already removed most of the water), went to her new house and parked the U-Haul overnight, only unloading her bed and my nephew’s crib so they could sleep. Unloaded everything in one go the following morning and had it returned by the time limit we had it for.

That was an exhausting 24 hours.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

drat more like BLU-Bauls

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

satanic splash-back posted:

I bought a new sectional couch (not curved) large enough for a 6'4" man to lay on

Oh yeah?

What's his name?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have rented a number of u-hauls and it was very nice. The low loading deck and included ramp made for easy work and thier Mother's Attic™ had room for all of our precious belongings. Yes, OP, we enjoyed our u-haul experience very mch

-Paul and Tilly Buchanen

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You know me and Tilly used to talk about that U-Haul a lot. Yeah, Ol' Til was never really the same after we returned that truck. Well sometimes I'd see her just looking out the window and I knew she was just thinking on that truck. Til died that winter and she said to me, "don't you forget that u-haul, Paul."

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I never did, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Every time I visit Til at the cemetary I tell her all about that big ol' truck and what it's been gettin' up to. I know she;s looking down on me and that truck. I know that, OP. She's sayin, "Paul, you don't forget about that u-haul." she said that a lot.