Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Gross af

That's bottom tweet that is child molestation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Who’d you piss off to give you some red text, Spinz?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

You Are A Elf posted:

Who’d you piss off to give you some red text, Spinz?

O I don't know
Probably fyad
Once in a while I post in there
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3998465&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post522612560

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Jada is sick and Will Smith, international superstar, is a victim of abuse. interesting.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Spinz posted:

Gross af

That's bottom tweet that is child molestation

Didn't know much about Jada

But she seems a little bit touched by assholism

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The smiths are just fuckin weird

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jada was the worst part of the matrix

Take that, rear end in a top hat!!!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone ever see "Girls Trip"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1uIlzjSNQ

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
She channeled her inner psychopath well in the Gotham series

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/Odillaah/status/1511334221159170049?t=kHI3I6nAQ8cpI7W32mCJvQ&s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

TBF, I was reading thru the replies on that tweet and a bunch of people pointed out that as part of those birthday celebrations, Will tracked down a descendent of the plantation owner who owned Jada's ancestors as slaves, and invited them to the party. Which is, uhhhh :stare:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Most families just unload extremely personal family drama on Facebook. The Smiths seem to take it a step further with an overproduced weekly show.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

TBF, I was reading thru the replies on that tweet and a bunch of people pointed out that as part of those birthday celebrations, Will tracked down a descendent of the plantation owner who owned Jada's ancestors as slaves, and invited them to the party. Which is, uhhhh :stare:

Retort: Yes Will went, a little hard for that. But he's probably dealing with her beating him into submission about everything and denying any display of love or affection that's not letting her get bukaked by a highschool football team which as a husband, he's probably not really keen on. So I'm sure he was like "if I do all this crazy, insane, way over the top poo poo that goes so far above and beyond anything anyone would or could ever do, maybe she'll love me back and not want to get bukaked by a gang of 18year olds"

And then Jada was like "this party isn't me getting bukaked by a gang of 18 year olds, do you even love me?!"

And now he's sad all the time.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

here ye here ye the jury finds jada plinkett smity guilty of the infernal crime of bitchery

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Jada Plinkett Smith

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I was 100% I read she directed a music video for the Gravediggaz back in 1994 but I can't find anything about it now. It always made me think she was cool but clearly she's a hosed up weirdo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

runnypoops posted:

Jada Plinkett Smith

"What's wrong with your hair?!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As an African American person, I must say -- what the flying gently caress? :psypop: EeeeEEEWW.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The way he spazzes out shaking the ropes lmfao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Let's check off the various ways Jada Pinkett and Will Smith were made for each other

Jada:
-Had a close, though allegedly only platonic, relationship with Tupac, to the point that he would get jealous of guys she dated and she had to beg him not to make any references to Will in his raps
-Said she didn't want to get married and was very angry/upset about it right up to her wedding day
-Talked about how, when it was rumored that Will and Margot Robbie were having an affair, she viewed Margot as "the competition", and around the same time she could often be spotted in paparazzi photos wearing the skimpiest of bikinis
-Went on her show that she does with her mom and talked about her past romantic relationships (including talking about dudes she'd banged while married), often right in front of Will
-When Will was complaining about not being able to have white women as love interests in his movies, starred in and executive produced her own show, in which all her love interests were white or Hispanic men, as well as talking on that show she does with her mom about having dated white men previously (and how she never got serious with any of them mainly because her mom disapproved)
-Was (maybe still is, for all I know) in a terrible heavy metal band
-Her side eye is widely reported to have been the thing that prompted Will to slap Chris Rock
-Clearly does not want to be married

Will:
-Had an abusive father that he allegedly contemplated killing, after he became infirm and Will was helping care for him
-Had a squeaky-clean image as Hollywood's favorite wisecracking action hero for many years until his marriage to Jada started very publicly splintering
-As previously mentioned, had invited a descendant of the slaveowner who'd owned some of Jada's ancestors to her 40th birthday party
-Lamented that in the movie Hitch, he was forced to have a Latina (Eva Mendes) as his love interest and how Hollywood wouldn't pair him with white women (this was not long after Denzel had talked about how he was tired of getting flack from black women about his white love interests in movies, which had sparked a larger discussion about the portrayal of black couples vs. interracial couples in movies overall). Not long after that, almost all his subsequent projects featured a blonde white woman as his love interest
-Supposedly hooked up with Margot Robbie during a time when she was briefly separated from her husband and Will and Jada were supposedly opening up their marriage, rumors of which persisted through to the time they worked together on the first Suicide Squad movie
-Laughed at Chris Rock's joke, until he saw how pissed Jada was, then slapped him before later offering a rambling apology while getting his Best Actor Oscar
-A hugely successful and popular musician and actor
-Has previously talked about how he's always wanted to be married with kids

Nope, can't see any incompatibilities there :v:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
He also said his first divorce was a huge "failure" in his life and he was really embarrassed about being a divorcee. So that's probably why he's in this lovely relationship.

Has anyone figured out how many people actually watched her stupid Red Table show that was apparently worth ruining her marriage over? There couldn't be more than 30 people watching that poo poo. Why air your dirty laundry like that? You aren't Howard Stern or a host of The View or someone who "has" to publicly talk about intimate embarrassing details of their lives. I don't get it.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 9, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

He also said his first divorce was a huge "failure" in his life and he was really embarrassed about being a divorcee. So that's probably why he's in this lovely relationship.

Has anyone figured out how many people actually watched her stupid Red Table show that was apparently worth ruining her marriage over? There couldn't be more than 30 people watching that poo poo. Why air your dirty laundry like that? You aren't Howard Stern or a host of The View someone who "has" to publicly talk about intimate embarrassing details of their lives. I don't get it.

Gonna guess it's a combination of pure narcissism and a desire to embarrass or "humble" her husband, given some of the things she said and discussed on the show

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people blabbering about their marriage in public. If anything I think it’s a good direction that uncomfortable topics are now being openly discussed.

It’s just that the open — and tell-all — nature of the relationship seems to be lop-sided. From the outside, anyway.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vegetable posted:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people blabbering about their marriage in public. If anything I think it’s a good direction that uncomfortable topics are now being openly discussed.

It’s just that the open — and tell-all — nature of the relationship seems to be lop-sided. From the outside, anyway.

What tipped you off? Was it the post where Will Smith keeps saying that he doesn't want to be filmed or have poo poo posted without his consent while his wife uses it to promote her show no one watches? Then, instead of being an adult and, you know, apologizing to her husband or asking politely she loving posted it anyways?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Did the plantation owner’s descendent actually show up at the party? I’m trying to imagine what kind of clueless weirdo would receive such an invitation and then go “sure, sounds like a fun time! What should I wear? Can I bring a date? Should I bring a reparations gift for the birthday girl?”

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i dont care if this isnt the right thread for it

where can i buy that shirt that jazz is always wearing when he gets thrown out the house

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Ralph Hurley posted:

Did the plantation owner’s descendent actually show up at the party? I’m trying to imagine what kind of clueless weirdo would receive such an invitation and then go “sure, sounds like a fun time! What should I wear? Can I bring a date? Should I bring a reparations gift for the birthday girl?”

I'm thinking it was probably something along the lines of "we're doing a documentary about genealogy, specifically genealogy in regards to slaves and slaveowners and their descendants, and we'd like you there to see it" and the whole "also it's for my wife's 40th birthday" bit probably just got glossed over.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is why I allow celeb facts to skate off my brain like Teflon, they're all weirdo freaks on both ends of the scale. I mean the alcoholism doesn't help but this kind of poo poo is the main reason!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm thinking it was probably something along the lines of "we're doing a documentary about genealogy, specifically genealogy in regards to slaves and slaveowners and their descendants, and we'd like you there to see it" and the whole "also it's for my wife's 40th birthday" bit probably just got glossed over.

He also might have just wanted to meet will smith

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They also could have just paid him.

People do dumb poo poo for money.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Vegetable posted:

Agreed, big picture it’s great we can all see money and status does not stop you from having every day normal relationship problems. The way Jada talks though it’s clear she thinks she’s imparting some amazing wisdom on people as though only she can see the truth. It’s no wonder she gravitated towards Scientology.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The more I read about Jada the more I dislike her and think Will Smith is likely in an abusive relationship he needs to get the gently caress out of.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I bet you really want to hear what a bunch of Academy members think!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/will-smith-oscars-ban-academy-reactions-1235127609/

quote:

Pat Boone, actors branch: “Hey come on, have some sympathy for a man who was already uptight about his potential award, sitting with a somewhat volatile but much loved wife, who Chris, not really knowing how serious her condition was, [joked about]. I once had an uncomfortable incident with Andy Griffith at a big social occasion; he’d had too much to drink, I think, and my wife, Shirley, sitting at the table without me, was subjected to some rough language. When I heard about it, I actually asked Andy to apologize to her. This was the next day, and I could tell he was not happy about my request, but he was gentleman enough, now sober, to write Shirley a note apologizing. I often felt I had overreacted, since I had my own faults (though drinking and cursing weren’t among them), and I wrote him a note apologizing to him! My point is: I’m quite sure that Will is more regretful about his angry reaction and more self chastising than Chris is angry. Chris came off as a gentleman and self-controlled, and Will will rue the day as long as he lives. He doesn’t need to be chastised or penalized by an industry that is hardly a bastion of behavior or polite conduct. Remember their fairly recent song of the year” “It’s Hard Out Here For a Pimp”? That was the best song they could come up with to reward? Didn’t the Oscars this year reward a film in which a young boy poisoned and killed his [relative]? Let’s skip the piety. This wasn’t nearly as bad as the ‘streaker’ incident which David Niven immortalized with his remark.”

:psyduck:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I just keep picturing Will Smith winning an Oscar in 2025 and it's cuts to the Academy delivering it to him the same way the goat was delivered to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i hear jada pinkett smith bites will's head off after sex

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I love that he's still upset over “It’s Hard Out Here For a Pimp” winning an oscar 16 years ago

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

DaveWoo posted:

I love that he's still upset over “It’s Hard Out Here For a Pimp” winning an oscar 16 years ago

and thinks streaking is worse than violence

and complains about fiction where the young boy poisons his relative instead of, you know, the roman polanski thing where he poisoned a girl to in order to rape her

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

PeterCat posted:

Celebrity Deathmatch?

wow that brings back memories, those clay mation celebrity death matches were amazing in the 90s. Can't remember when or who produced it, I guess cartoon network late night or something, it was so good.

Need a version of that now but with CGI and just over the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lascivious Sloth posted:

wow that brings back memories, those clay mation celebrity death matches were amazing in the 90s. Can't remember when or who produced it, I guess cartoon network late night or something, it was so good.

Need a version of that now but with CGI and just over the top

MTV, they briefly brought it back in 2006 but it was terrible