Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
We may not have met all the students yet, but we have met my favorite. Claude is awesome. In so many ways.

Among other things, he is so incredibly snarky and I love it.

And you guys have already seen almost everything you need to know about Manuela. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Claude is great, and I think a huge amount of that is down to his voice actor. It's just a stellar performance.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

You see a few extra bits of dialogue from Manuela if you play as dude Blyeth where Manuela is incredibly thirsty

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If the Leicester Alliance is a representative democracy of nobles is it like the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You see a few extra bits of dialogue from Manuela if you play as dude Blyeth where Manuela is incredibly thirsty

I think female Byleth gets those too? I know she gets the most obvious one - you probably already recorded this, but before selecting your house, you can walk back upstairs and talk to a couple faculty members. Manuela's line is... special.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I can totally see Kuvo being down with Golden Deer (AKA the anti-establishment/party house), but with two Black Eagle conspirators fans as co-hosts, I think we can guess which direction this LP will go.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Are they anti-establishment, though? It's run by a bunch of nobles.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
So, I'm very interested in learning about this religion whose Pope has a uterus on her headdress.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I know Three Houses entirely second-hand, and a lot of the details come from a friend who was playing it around the time of your Fates LP. (Around when Three Houses came out, anyway.)

I didn't realize how young Byleth was supposed to be. All I knew was "mercenary turned professor at a war academy for nobles." And maybe that Byleth was regarded as unusually young for a professor. But my brain doesn't default to Anime/JRPG logic. So I assumed, you know, career mercenary, around 25 years old, who took at job at a school because it was safer and offered more reliable pay. Entirely unused to academia but surprisingly good at the bureaucratic side of things, and a well-liked professor for their practical experience. Probably slightly closer in age to the late-teens students than the mid-30s to mid-40s faculty.

Not, y'know. "Hey Jer, haven't seen you in exactly 20 years." "Yep, this is my daughter, who is probably 18-19 years old." "Awesome, she should be a professor. Don't worry, all our students are AT LEAST EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD AT TIME OF DEPICTION."

Mildly Interesting
Nov 24, 2012
Golden Deer is run by a bunch of nobles, but the other two houses are run by a bunch of nobles and an absolute monarch. So Golden Deer is kind of a 9/10 on the establishment scale instead of a 10/10.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Anti-other-establishments.

I dunno how spoilery it is to discuss this but:
Are the individual house routes equivalent in size to the 3 variants of Fates, with similar branching out and unique content, or is it more smaller variations to a central story where you have a different character pool and some subquests etc?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SubNat posted:

Anti-other-establishments.

I dunno how spoilery it is to discuss this but:
Are the individual house routes equivalent in size to the 3 variants of Fates, with similar branching out and unique content, or is it more smaller variations to a central story where you have a different character pool and some subquests etc?

I would say it would be a spoiler and something to discuss when the lp is much deeper into the game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Does the Holy Kingdom of Faergus just really like the Lady Pope, or do they follow another religion/denomination?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
All of Fodlan follows Lady Pope.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

All of Fodlan follows Lady Pope.

So they aren't based on a cool theocratic monarchy like the Safavids?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

White Coke posted:

So they aren't based on a cool theocratic monarchy like the Safavids?
No, just a boring theocratic monarchy like Inquisition-era Spain, but with the climate of Norway

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fodl

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

hi im doing kuvos lp for him now here is the next update please like comment and subscribe

Lession 1568 - Light Novel

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

White Coke posted:

Does the Holy Kingdom of Faergus just really like the Lady Pope, or do they follow another religion/denomination?

Technically they all follow the Lady Pope, but the Lady Pope's Church has local branches that tend to do the day-to-day stuff. Faerghus has the Western Branch, The Alliance has the Eastern Branch and Adrestria had the Southern Branch but they got kicked out for doing the slight oopsie woopsie of trying to instigate a coup a couple hundred years before the game starts so now the Empire deals directly with the central branch.

But Lady Pope's in charge of the whole Church. Because she's the Pope.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah it's not Switzerland in the middle, it's the Papal State as a mountain fortress/university/trade hub.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Geop posted:

hi im doing kuvos lp for him now here is the next update please like comment and subscribe

Lession 1568 - Light Novel

Ah so literally the only reason this was started when it was.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Technically they all follow the Lady Pope, but the Lady Pope's Church has local branches that tend to do the day-to-day stuff.

So she’s more like an Ecumenical Matriarch?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kibayasu posted:

Ah so literally the only reason this was started

fixed

kuvo started this entire LP just to have a vehicle to continue the story of rumsfeld

prove me wrong

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:namazu:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rumsfeld will return in QuantumLeap Chronicles X. Coming out April 1, 2023.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://eunnieverse.com/comic/dumb_byleth04-png/

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I refuse to believe Sothis would consider that a bad use of time travel

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

I refuse to believe Sothis would consider that a bad use of time travel
She would just be pissed over the fact that she didn't think of it herself.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:
Lecture 003 - Anime Teens

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
I love how just looking at Hubert was enough to establish his Oberstein credentials.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blue Lions is a house for people who pick Human in RPGs.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Black Eagles have the most same-gender relationship options by a country mile and thus are superior

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I imagine kitchen explosions could easily be caused by giving children pressure cookers and no instructions on how to operate them safely.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tenebrais posted:

Blue Lions is a house for people who pick Human in RPGs.

I do that

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Much like the Blue Lion from Voltron, the people in it are easily replaceable and forgotten.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Raphael must go through a TON of buttons.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I totally expected that there was no way y'all were going to land on the Blue Lions, and they definitely have the weakest intro. Which is a bit of a shame, I'd have loved to see your reactions to later story beats, but oh well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

blue lions are cops

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I think Kuvo would vibe the most with Claude, but with two Black Eagles megafans on his shoulders, the house choice is probably a foregone conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's hosed up how Claude wasn't given the rank of Master even though he's on the student council.