Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
what is this. TWO houses???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Rody One Half posted:

Again, Silvert Snow and Verdant Wind should have just been cut. Fold Rhea and Claude in under Dimitri and Edelgard, and put max effort into making those two routes ENTIRELY distinct, instead of making you redo a mostly identical White Clouds every time and then having weirdly disjointed post-timeskip portions.

I will not stand for this Golden Deer libel! I'm gonna tell Claude to tell Hilda to tell one of her hangers on to have a word with you!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fire Emblem: Church vs State would have been a much easier story to frame.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:
Lecture 191 - Why did you Dedue that?

we have finished recording the game~

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sending them into the final fight with training weapons. So disrespectful.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Not only was that Great Knight in the southeast the Sylvain replacement, but that Fortify Bishop in the top corner was a Mercedes replacement.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I've enjoyed the LP tremendously, thanks for making it!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 192 - Ford stuck

you're getting an ep every day this week. merry xmas

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 20, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Housemas already...

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Committing regicide with a Street Fighter move. Savour the moment Caspar, nothing's gonna top that.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 193 - Rhea's bad day

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Rhea's dragon icon just kinda doing a draconic :razz:

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I kinda thought that the cruise missiles might show up for the finale. Did the game address who/what/why was up with them?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Not in this route. Here, they're just loving inexplicable.

In Golden Deer we learn they're weapons of TWSITD, and get that group's whole backstory.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 194 - Rocks fall, people die

i edited something like 30 different coughs out of this episode

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyril annihilating Blehh was pretty funny.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Without Silver Snow there would have been no Funeral of Flowers, which would be a tragedy.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Worth noting, Rhea going crazy in Silver Snow is a different kind of crazy from here in Crimson Flower. She is absolutely batshit turbo-nuts here, but in Silver Snow she goes the more "feral" variety of insane.

Worth noting about Shez in Three Hopes, by the way - there is a strong, STRONG implication that they existed in the Three Houses timeline, but were killed by Byleth before the start of the game. Their presence sets off a massive butterfly effect that changes the progress of events, leading to the very different story.

EDIT: Hold up, Blehh getting chumped wasn't an instant gameover???

mycatscrimes posted:

Casual mode babeeey

I mean sure, I just didn't realize it would actually remove a Defeat Condition.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 22, 2023

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

BlazetheInferno posted:

EDIT: Hold up, Blehh getting chumped wasn't an instant gameover???

Casual mode babeeey

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

If my King of Liberation was named "Nemesis", I would be asking a lot of questions that would probably get me hauled away to a blacksite.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If my King of Liberation was named "Nemesis", I would be asking a lot of questions that would probably get me hauled away to a blacksite.

That's how you get sent to the Abyss, I think

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Well Nemesis is treated as a foul and maniacle villain by Rhea and the church and he pretty much is a monster if you know exactly where the Sword of the Creator came from.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nemesis and the 10 Elites were, we are told, literally just bandits before the inciting incident.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 195 - Sicko mode

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Important detail worth noting: Amyr, Edelgard's Relic, is NOT one of the Heroes' Relics from Ancient Times like all the other similar weapons like the ones used by Claude, Dimitri, or others.

Amyr was created by Those Who Slither In The Dark specifically for Edelgard. Because yes, they are the ones who created all those Relics. This is, if I remember right, not discussed at all on this route. They are created from Dragon Bones. The Crest Stones are literally the Dragons' hearts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

BlazetheInferno posted:

Important detail worth noting: Amyr, Edelgard's Relic, is NOT one of the Heroes' Relics from Ancient Times like all the other similar weapons like the ones used by Claude, Dimitri, or others.

Amyr was created by Those Who Slither In The Dark specifically for Edelgard. Because yes, they are the ones who created all those Relics. This is, if I remember right, not discussed at all on this route. They are created from Dragon Bones. The Crest Stones are literally the Dragons' hearts.

You can see why Rhea was so paranoid and didn't hesitate to execute anyone sowing dissent, she lived through an extermination that left her as one of the few survivors of her race.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lecture 196 - Marry Christmas

were done! its a christmas miracle!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just scraped it in under 200. Well done.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
There's still time to get four more slide decks in before the end of the year

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Great LP, thanks for doing it. And for 13+ years of LPs.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
here lies Manuela
she never scored

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
If Manuela marries Ferdinand, she becomes the Prime Minister and he becomes a house husband!

Also imo the difference between Engage and Fates is that Fates wants you to take it seriously and be very invested in these people's drama, and Engage knows it's working with a thin, fanservicey plot and just has fun being goofy and cartoony.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 26, 2023

Cool Dogs Only
Nov 10, 2012
I like that the ending for Caspar and Linhartd is basically just what Gimli and Legolas do at the end of the LOTR books.

Edelgard's and Lysithea's ending just makes me happy. Those two probably defeated 90% of TWSiTD all by themselves.

This was definitely the longest LP I've ever watched, and the journey was so worth it. I can't believe it took almost 2 years. I'm going to feel a little lost without it and it'll be weird not checking the thread for updates anymore. I hope you all do another LP someday, but you sure deserve a long break first. Thanks for all the entertainment, laughter, joy you brought us. (Sorry for the sincere ramble, but it's Christmas and I'm feeling jolly.)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Thank you for the LP.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

You're finally free.

Thanks for playing!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cheers for the LP, quality work grinding through this absolute beast of a game. :golfclap:

e. And yeah I'm pretty much at the point where I wish FE would just drop its "anybody can die" gimmick and make casual mode the status quo just so that a larger group of characters can be actually important to the story.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 26, 2023

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

BlazetheInferno posted:

Those Who Slither In The Dark clearly got better at making Crest weapons by that point, considering it's by far and above the best Crest weapon that exists ever.

Congratulations on finishing the LP!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

For what its worth, marrying Sothis has her pop up at the end and go "Hey, I could have spoken to you at any time but chose not to, we're getting married now and when you die we shall be together for all eternity."

So marry Sothis if you want Byleth to suffer eternal damnation.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Keldulas posted:

Those Who Slither In The Dark clearly got better at making Crest weapons by that point, considering it's by far and above the best Crest weapon that exists ever.

Congratulations on finishing the LP!

Are they to blame for her insane stats as well, perhaps?

But yeah, thanks so much for this huge, long ride of a LP, it's amazing that you managed to wrap it up.
(And as mentioned, I'm really curious what they could have done with a more focused scope of perhaps 2 factions, instead of 4 different main stories.)

I started up a Blue Lions run alongside the start of the LP, but once I hit the post-timeskip I really started getting burned out by the extra overhead associated with the school.
It's stuff that you really don't need to think about too much, provided you poach any students you're interested in, seems like.

Sorta surprised they didn't do like Fates, and just let NewGame+ let you start off at the branching point honestly.
Then again I found it surprising that you had to pick a faction immediately, instead of getting to know them. (The first act could have been a 'Hey, you'll do stuff with each faction to get a feel for the units and a taste of what their plotline might be' before you settling in with a side, then things escalating... Like in Fates.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You should start off with no house and build your own just by poaching students from the others.