Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What absolute loving pieces of poo poo god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/1509322814637023232

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Did the election jiat get called or is the AEC jumping the gun sending out "check your enrollment" messages.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Halo14 posted:

https://www.aeufederal.org.au/news-media/media-releases/2022/march/300322

The Morrison Government’s 2022-2023 Federal Budget has slashed funding for public schools by $559 million over the next three years, whilst increasing funding for private schools by $2.6 billion over the forward estimates.

Private schools should be loving banned.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Private schools should be loving banned.

I spent from year 1 to year 12 in a private Anglican school, and I heartily endorse this message.

(My parents actually wanted to put me and my brother in a Catholic school that was closer to our house, but because my dad is brown, and my mum isn't Catholic 'enough' they wouldn't have us. So I suppose we dodged a bullet there.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Did the election jiat get called or is the AEC jumping the gun sending out "check your enrollment" messages.

lol I just got one too

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Animal Friend posted:

In 2015 Pope Francis said if you curse his mother you can expect a punch.

Jesus would turn the other cheek. Says a lot about religious leaders I suppose.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
If Macquarie goes LNP I'd be deeply shocked es considering -

It spent the first 7 months of the Morrison Govt on fire

It has spent the remaining time being flooded / washed away and trying to rebuild inbetween while getting gently caress all Fed assistance.

Susan Templeton (incumbent Labor MP) has a good profile here and is campaigning hard already.

Her LNP opponent already is rear end deep in a scandal

If Labor loses this seat with all of that, we're just hosed as a country and Labor will not win at all.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Amoeba102 posted:

the election has to happen by 21 May so it's not really jumping the gun for them to send 'check your enrollment' messages when it's guaranteed to be happening in under 2 months

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think it's jumping the gun to say there is an election soon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If Macquarie goes LNP I'd be deeply shocked es considering -

It spent the first 7 months of the Morrison Govt on fire

It has spent the remaining time being flooded / washed away and trying to rebuild inbetween while getting gently caress all Fed assistance.

Susan Templeton (incumbent Labor MP) has a good profile here and is campaigning hard already.

Her LNP opponent already is rear end deep in a scandal

If Labor loses this seat with all of that, we're just hosed as a country and Labor will not win at all.

My seats to watch lists are based on news articles, explicitly mentioning these seats are targets for said party as well as a if polls are right for Labor and a scenario of if polls are wrong for Labor and in which case I list seats the LNP could win on the basis those seat margins are 2% or less.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JBP posted:

I don't think it's jumping the gun to say there is an election soon.

Well unless Scotty's planing a coup then it's going to have to be before 22nd of May.

I mean even if he is planning a coup I would imagine they'll be an election around then, as like lol the only reason a Morrison coup would last longer then five minutes would be due to the sheer confusion of the entirety of the rest of Australia.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol I just got one too

I got a second one.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Amoeba102 posted:

I got a second one.

I think that means you’re allowed to vote twice

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ShoeFly posted:

##vote hambeet
##vote hambeet

:redhammer:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

ShoeFly posted:

I will stitch my ballots together and have the largest electoral penis ever.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

dr_rat posted:

Well unless Scotty's planing a coup then it's going to have to be before 22nd of May.

I mean even if he is planning a coup I would imagine they'll be an election around then, as like lol the only reason a Morrison coup would last longer then five minutes would be due to the sheer confusion of the entirety of the rest of Australia.

He’s a devoted Trump admirer so I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if he announced plans to overturn the election in the car park of a Bunnings or something.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor pledges 2.5bn to fix the aged care system if he wins the election.

lih
May 15, 2013

morrison is going to take advice from drip twitter and have a half senate election in may for no reason and wait til september to be thrown out of office in a house of reps election

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

lih posted:

morrison is going to take advice from drip twitter and have a half senate election in may for no reason and wait til september to be thrown out of office in a house of reps election

yes, salt the earth scott

e: lmao Anidav how long have you had that QLD outline for your mod icon? First time posting on desktop in ages, I kinda want a vic one for no good reason.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Since I became a mod lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

lies

lih
May 15, 2013

morrison knows the queen is already dead. so if he has the governor-general assassinated no replacement can legally be appointed and he can reign eternally. or until charles is coronated

more seriously, grace tame is really good as usual

https://twitter.com/TamePunk/status/1509398213383852033

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

yes, salt the earth scott

e: lmao Anidav how long have you had that QLD outline for your mod icon? First time posting on desktop in ages, I kinda want a vic one for no good reason.

holy poo poo lol i never noticed

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

kirbysuperstar posted:

holy poo poo lol i never noticed

it also looks like a dodgy thumbs up which I like even more

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It's an indicator for you to not to listen to his opinions

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jesus christ, Albanese handled Leigh so well that it made her rage quit the interview.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Anidav posted:

Jesus christ, Albanese handled Leigh so well that it made her rage quit the interview.

Summary please

lih
May 15, 2013

i dont believe its possible for albanese to not fold under pressure

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

lih posted:

He won't, but loving imagine the next few months if he did.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

freebooter posted:

Summary please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ss7xh0isMU

She just gets incredibly good answers, ends the interview quite quickly and cuts to a comedy short bashing Labor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g22gkLsfUuc

In comparison, Frydenberg gets FIVE MINUTES more time to speak and much softer questions.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Honestly thank gently caress she’s out after the election.

lih
May 15, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

He won't, but loving imagine the next few months if he did.

morrison is going to declare martial law to cancel the election, in the worst example of cancel culture yet

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Anidav posted:

You made me watch this when it wouldn't normally be on my radar, so thank you. It's amazing to see an actual competent politician with actual policies respond to questions without beating around the bush or refusing to answer. What a great interview.
And he looks great too, but gently caress is lisp is annoying. Any 's' sound just grates in my ears. :(

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

youre lost in a labyrinth. you come to a dead end with two doors, each with a guard. one guards wants to know how labor will pay for it, the other wants to know if women have penises. which do you choose?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

youre lost in a labyrinth. you come to a dead end with two doors, each with a guard. one guards wants to know how labor will pay for it, the other wants to know if women have penises. which do you choose?

If one door involves Albaneshe saying "women have penishesh" then I'll pick the other door every time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Every worker... Leigh... Every worker... In aged care... Will have a penis. Yes I'm willing to have my prime ministership judged on the penises.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

birdstrike posted:

##vote hambeet
##vote hambeet

:redhammer:

omgus

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Prime membership if you will.