Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

MassiveSky posted:

To think they had planned a "call for extraction" button that would yield different endings according to how much hosed up poo poo you did, or y'know, how far along the story you were.

I heard it was nixed due to studio pressure along the line of "we can't sell a 10-minute game".

That would have fixed a lot of the complaints players had with their own agency in the plot, imo. The game is really trying to make you, the player, feel like poo poo for doing all this stuff but the player doesn't have much of a choice if they want to see the rest of the plot so a lot of it kinda feels unfair.

The devs once mentioned that you do, in fact, have a choice: you can just turn off the game. I always found this pretty unsatisfying -- Like, what's the in-universe explanation if you put it down for a while and then come back to the save? Does your character just hang out for a month or two to wait for Kratos or John Marston to finish his adventure? Having an actual, in-universe way to say "gently caress this, I'm out" would have solved a lot of this dissonance.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU