Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Played some more of the new Kirby last night. The shine has worn off and I do not think it is very good.

No stamina bar so you can spam moves, small ability choice, some hats look so bad it is like they copy and pasted using MS Paint, janky movement where you miss everything, overly generous time limits on the challenges so you can beat them with your eyes closed.

Shame.

Historians will quote this post when talking about the great turning point in human history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
drat I got got!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I will not perpetuate any zotses or goofs this day.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tithin posted:

I've been really struggling to get through cold steel 4, and cold steel in general, it just doesnt have the magic of TITS imo

the loss of hand-drawn portraits in the first game, and Hatsuu on loc in the third, played a big part, but CS4 in particular has almost all of the same problems that MGS4 did; you can pretty much find/replace "nanomachines" with "the curse"

after almost two actual decades' worth of buildup and hanging plot points to resolve, it is...a video game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I don't know what games I'm gonna play this weekend but I am going out for dinner for the wife's birthday tonight and also starting this year's vegetable garden

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Infinitum posted:

Hello Fellow Gamers

Holy gently caress this would have been so useful like 25 years ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

drat I got got!

Don't Get Got

Also one of my fav party games, but haven't played it for a while due to ~The Roaring 20s~

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

VideoGames posted:

...and Kirby apparently has a great 3D engine that my depth perception issues do not interfere with. I am hitting things with my abilities, landing where I jumped.

You may have already seen this but the hit detection in the game is incredibly generous (in a very good and pleasant way).

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1506883854636036098

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

StoryTime posted:

Holy gently caress this would have been so useful like 25 years ago.

There used to be a regular monthly 500+ LAN party in Sydney many years ago called SGL - Sydney Gamers League

One month we're unpacking my car and we've gone back for all the CRTs that are in my boot, and one of my mates has a newish 21" monitor that's just heavy as poo poo.
Picks it up.
Foot hits the curb.
Drops it.

We only hung around for a few hours that day, cause we all collectively felt bad he couldn't play anything (and had to go buy a new monitor)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

You may have already seen this but the hit detection in the game is incredibly generous (in a very good and pleasant way).

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1506883854636036098

"We call it 'Nuh-uh-yeah-huh' technology"

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Infinitum posted:

There used to be a regular monthly 500+ LAN party in Sydney many years ago called SGL - Sydney Gamers League

One month we're unpacking my car and we've gone back for all the CRTs that are in my boot, and one of my mates has a newish 21" monitor that's just heavy as poo poo.
Picks it up.
Foot hits the curb.
Drops it.

We only hung around for a few hours that day, cause we all collectively felt bad he couldn't play anything (and had to go buy a new monitor)

Pouring one out for old mate

Hwurmp posted:

the loss of hand-drawn portraits in the first game, and Hatsuu on loc in the third, played a big part, but CS4 in particular has almost all of the same problems that MGS4 did; you can pretty much find/replace "nanomachines" with "the curse"

after almost two actual decades' worth of buildup and hanging plot points to resolve, it is...a video game

I genuinely feel that the storyline in TITS is tighter, funnier, with more believable and enjoyable characters, and with far far fewer anime tropes than the shitloads that happen in the cold steel series

my principles issue with cold steel is a storyline that's drawn out like you're on a torture rack, constant fights where you win, but somehow they're still far stronger than you, and you have to get bailed out by the real heroes

I'm told by a friend that cold steel 4's the one where you FINALLY start taking scalps, but I've not reached that point yet

I'm also hopeful to get to play Estelle and crew again, but I'm hesitant to see what they've done to winner of "best girl" ten years running, between the two series

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Put the games in the OP please & thank you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Good morning April thread, I drew some Kirbs

And I've got some more Kirbs in the works:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Done.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tithin posted:

I'm told by a friend that cold steel 4's the one where you FINALLY start taking scalps, but I've not reached that point yet

I'm also hopeful to get to play Estelle and crew again, but I'm hesitant to see what they've done to winner of "best girl" ten years running, between the two series

you do get to actually beat bad guys, with names even, but the curse usually makes it dumb

Estelle is still good but doesn't get a whole lot of spotlight, what with the total cast size of 5,000

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Thank YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There are no video games this month

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Veeg officially threadbanned

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Veeg officially threadbanned

Well then. I will see you all next month!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can we arrange a prisoner swap of Relax for VG?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Can we arrange a prisoner swap of Relax for VG?

Nah you can go it’s fine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Nah you can go it’s fine.

It would be rude to deprive everyone of my posts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

It would be rude to deprive everyone of my posts

lmao nice April fools joke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lmao nice April fools joke

I wasn't joking, sorry for any confusion :)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

There are no video games this month

You weren't kidding:

April 2022 video game releases

Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 1
Terrorbane [PC, Switch] – April 1
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 5
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition [Switch] – April 7
Demeo: PC Edition [PC] – April 7
Slipstream [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 7
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [Switch] – April 8
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim [Switch] – April 12
Back 4 Blood: Tunnels of Terror DLC [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – April 12
B.I.O.T.A. [PC] – April 12
Uragun [PC] – April 12
Abriss [PC] – April 14
Bush Hockey League [Switch] – April 14
Cat Cafe Manager [PC, Switch] – April 14
Crimesight [PC] – April 14
Tormented Souls [Switch] – April 14
Ember Knights [PC] – April 20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [Switch] – April 20
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 21
The Serpent Rogue [PC, PS5, XSX, Switch] – April 26
MLB The Show [Switch] – April 27
Kaiju Wars [PC] – April 28
Nintendo Switch Sports [Switch] – April 29

The Cycle: Frontier [PC] – April TBC
Trolley Problem, Inc [PC] – April TBC

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Didn't Advance Wars get delayed?

From that list if I were buying games this month I'd play Chrono Cross, Switch Sports, Lego Star Wars, and of course the 2020 "Wuggles Winner" 13 Sentinels if you haven't played it on PS4

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

robits

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Macaluso posted:

Good morning April thread, I drew some Kirbs

And I've got some more Kirbs in the works:

These rule. I like the Kirby x Elden Ring takes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New Gundam look like it could be fun as well. Series first female protag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MHD1BSjTA

Looking forward to the new OST, as they've been on a roll recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAqqAwhfet8

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
So now my Link is playing matchmaker for some weeby voe and a tall gerudess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Making this thread unreadable is normal behavior. Just because the posting in here is worse than usual doesn't mean it's surprising enough to be a "fool". All of you need to do better

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The play station 5 has games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Making this thread unreadable is normal behavior. Just because the posting in here is worse than usual doesn't mean it's surprising enough to be a "fool". All of you need to do better

We have to make sure the joke in the thread title holds

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
time for me to post badly, as a joke

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Breath of the Wild is a good game

lol april fools

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wuggles posted:

Didn't Advance Wars get delayed?

From that list if I were buying games this month I'd play Chrono Cross, Switch Sports, Lego Star Wars, and of course the 2020 "Wuggles Winner" 13 Sentinels if you haven't played it on PS4

Endlessly delayed until there are no more wars in the world, rip.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They call it PS5 because they made precisely 5 of them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I might get that new LEGO game I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

They call it PS5 because they made precisely 5 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifAm3Vp0JnU