Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
3:10 to skooma

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tithin posted:

and then realizing it's too much effort so i zone out and watch some streams instead

Hell yeah stream watching

I'm watching these challenge videos I stumbled across where it's stuff like "beating bloodborne with gun only" and "completing skyrim thieves guild quests without stealing and committing as few crimes as possible" and they're silly but fun watches.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ymfah/videos

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Why the gently caress would putting up with Squall for 80+ hours be equivalent to Kirby and Elden Ring?

What were your experiences like that they colored your opinion this way

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

They call it PS5 because they made precisely 5 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifAm3Vp0JnU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are korok seeds better or worse than gold skulltulas?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Korok seeds are the NFTs of Hyrule prove me wrong

No that's figurines in wind waker/minish cap

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do the different party members in chrono cross have like actual characterization, plot importance, or anything like that? Or are they just kind of filler with no importance to the story and are more or less just a bunch of unique accents/speech quirks?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

The game doesn't do much to decide after they're officially in your party.

That's a shame. I know cross has a ton of different characters but one of the things I liked about trigger's party was how they all tied together the various eras you traveled to and always seemed to have some kind of relevance to the story even after their major arcs were done

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Super Mario Twins

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
shiggity shiggity shwa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Glad we're on the same page here re: old flash cartoons

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

or intimidating farmers out of their livelihood.

If it's the old west how good could the tobacco farmers have been :P

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sonic Heroes was the turning point imo. It wasn't a bad game but it felt really stripped down and not as interesting compared to Adventure and Adventure 2. There was a big drop in quality after Heroes, at least for the 3D games. It wasn't until Colors came along and showed everyone that 3D Sonic games can be good.

Speaking of, did the recent Colors port get patched to not be broken or is it just kinda forgotten about and left a mess?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

It got patched up very shortly after release, yes

That's good to know. Maybe I'll pick it up some time since I never played it on the wii

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What are the non-sonic Must Plays for game gear?

Tails Adventure isn't a Sonic game :v: It's a metroid-style game.

As for other definitely-not-Sonic games:

Sylvan Tale
Defenders of Oasis
Crystal Warriors
Shining Force Gaiden 1 & 2 (though if you've got access to Shining Force CD then ignore these 2)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

galenanorth posted:

and these characters are less visually interesting than Minions.

Kind of impressive ain't it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Found this when looking up suur toll

My man's dual wielding bonewheel shields

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The best snes game is whatever you think is the best snes game at the time of reading this post

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Do SNES games with superior DS remasters count, because Dragon Quest V is my top SNES game besides Fire Emblem 4.

The version you think is best must be the snes one or else it's the best on whatever system you're playing it on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked how 6 gave you a big cast of party members and each one had their own unique little skill/trait to make them stand out, even if they weren't necessarily useful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All I want is more rpgs that tie character skills and growth to optional sidequests like Shadow Hearts 2 and 3 did.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good luck with that. I'm having trouble thinking of any good jrpg that is just dungeon crawling without a story and with only player-made characters. Even the ones with minimal story still tend to have something going on to give the player more purpose.

e:

Last Celebration posted:

Have you played SaGa?

I feel like SaGa is definitely not what they are looking for, even for the ones with character creation.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 4, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Idk man, “story light RPG with lots of dungeon crawling” seems at least in the ballpark to me

Sure but one of the big features of SaGa games are their emphasis on a lot of little stories that make them almost like a game entirely made up of sidequests bookended by an intro and a final boss and a few story scenes in between.

If anything, I'd have recommended the etrian odyssey games but those still have a fair amount of plot and I also would have suggested grimrock 1 & 2 but they're not jrpgs. Damned good games though. Wish we could get a 3rd Grimrock given how 2 ended.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't know how much these games get into story stuff but if you want a very difficult dungeon crawling game with a cyberpunk wireframe aesthetic and limited saves, then I have a recommendation for you. 3, in fact.

Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship
https://store.steampowered.com/app/975230/Das_Geisterschiff__The_Ghost_Ship/

Der Geisterturm / The Ghost Tower
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1217070/Der_Geisterturm__The_Ghost_Tower/

Der Geisterjäger / The Ghost Hunter
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1581240/Der_Geisterjger__The_Ghost_Hunter/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

galenanorth posted:

He liked early 2000s Popcap-style websites with a potential to profit via site currency exchange

Oh god my parents were the same way except without ever messing with site currency exchange stuff. They mostly played some game called pop it where you had to pop clusters of same-colored balloons and a slot machine game about some lady traveling through space and beating up robots. There were some others too but I can't remember if they were popcap stuff or big fish games stuff.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

xedo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahskKAxSCY

If this is a late April fool's I'm gonna be pissed...

New monkey island from Ron Gilbert!

Why, that's the second biggest Monkey Island™ reveal I've ever seen!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't wait for the new Monkey Island to involve Guybrush being exiled to the Nameless Forbidden Territory where LeChuck, having risen from the crypt of gold as an incarnation of gold and greed itself but in your standard LeChuck form, has been pressing people into chain gangs and forcing them to do backbreaking labor digging for the Nameless Forbidden Treasure, described as being worth its weight in gold, though work everyone is doing more or less amounts to moving around crates of earth back and forth between the various mining sites. LeChuck will eventually be thwarted when Guybrush manages to present to LeChuck the Nameless Forbidden Treasure, a captured and very unamused three-headed monkey. LeChuck reveals that the monkey means nothing and that there is no treasure, and Guybrush has to create an alchemic root beer to turn LeChuck's golden visage into lead. Not used to his new lightweight body, LeChuck jumps at Guybrush but he jumps too hard and ends up going to the moon and getting trapped in orbit. Never pay more than 0.0005 ₿ for a game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

it is a long and drawn out series of jokes about cryptocurrency

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vermain posted:

I think people still have it in their minds that Overwatch is the same outrageous phenomenon it was when it launched without realizing just how terrifically Blizzard's mismanagement has sunk it.

I never played or paid any attention to Overwatch, what did Blizzard do that hosed it all up?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

instead of "gamer," say "gama"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Trundling in

You would be one to main Trundle wouldn't you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Sona 5Ever

I was always gangplank or nidalee.

Gankplank 4 lyfe

Though I imagine if I ever tried playing again, which I won't, I'd basically be legally required to pick up and learn Spacegroove Blitzcrank and Yuumi.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought 1 dimensional was just a point

e: or was that 0 dimensions?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you Rinkles :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone how are all of you doing today, I hope your Wednesday is going well

RBA Starblade posted:

It can't be, there's not a single anus on any of those cards

Khanstant doesn't draw anuses tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I hope it isn't just VR, I wanna try it out on PC

Looks more like X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here's another good outrun-inspired game that came out in january

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1714590/Buck_Up_And_Drive/

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256863268/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1638859079

Supports custom car textures too

https://i.imgur.com/6FDd8Oz.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Regardless of what happens you're still going to end up with a murder on your hands