Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CainFortea posted:

No checkbox, no vote. :colbert:

Always vote checkbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

BaconAndBullets posted:

Do those inflated domes serve a radio/signal purpose or do they just conceal where the dish is pointed?

It keeps the weather from interfering with the main deflector surface. There are some that are made in a way that acts as a first pass band pass filter, blocking out a chunk of the EMS that isn't needed. They are also very useful in cold climates to keep snow and ice off the antenna. Keeping snow away from the transmission path helps with the signal as well.

Basically they are like an umbrella for satellite antennas.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Oof!

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Current Event: April is DDOS month for us apparently.

Does anyone know why we are being targeted? Who did the mods ban?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

https://biobot.io/data/

No reason to be concerned about that recent uptick in wastewater concentration, after all it's not the right season for Covid :v:

This is really interesting. I would like to see more data points though. My state only has two counties reporting, one is a "destination" and the other is a suburb of a different city.

The "destination" city just finished multiple large scale events that would be considered superspreader events. That county is also considered "fully vaccinated" and just reported (yesterday) that there were 0 covid cases in the hospital and 0 new reported cases.

So the question is, what is the lag time on these results? Are we seeing the uptick from unvaccinated visitors? Is the uptick from the locals, but since they are mostly vaxxed no one is noticing the symptoms and not testing? Could these graphs be what things will look like going into the future?

I would love it if these tests were also able to verify how many people were vaxxed based on sewage data, that would be an interesting overlay on some of these graphs.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Just saw on the news a judge struck down plane and train mask mandates?

Yes, yesterday afternoon. Last night before I went to bed, TSA and our local airport both said they will not enforce after some back and forth.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

fknlo posted:

People are over it and have been for quite a while. Trying to enforce mask mandates is a losing battle.

It is this. I fly last year. The whole, "wear your mask unless you are actively eating/drinking while on the plane" was the dumbest mitigation I have ever seen. The same goes with unmasking at a restaurant when you sit at the table.

Once we started making exceptions on when the mask can be removed the whole thing fell apart. It's safe to take my mask off while on a sealed tube with recirculated air, full of people, because I have a magical bottle of water or a bag of peanuts?

With 80% of the plane effectively unmasked throughout the flight, how much good was it going to do?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

boop the snoot posted:

Taxes in Florida are going to skyrocket and everyone who votes in Florida will blame Biden lol

In the past I would say no person is dumb enough to blame the federal gov for state taxes...

I have found that it is difficult to underestimate how the American public will react.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

The MTG testimony is wild. They ask her if she said/wrote something, she tries to dodge around, then they play a video or show the tweet. I also think the judge doesn't like her very much.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519623-1/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-testifies-administrative-hearing

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm glad that Balfour Beatty is still providing that world class service to our troops.

With the money that they were taking in, there should be no excuse for these problems.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm not against anything he just said... I know he is being sarcastic, but he almost got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

In current events: American tourists like to try to fly with UXO.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/israel-airport-unexploded-shell-american-tourists/index.html

There is some footage floating around of the airport collectively losing their poo poo upon discovery of the souvenir.