Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

T-Paine posted:

The nature of man is conflict. In a word, war.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Frankly? I don't give a poo poo. I'm more worried about the GOP actively censoring Gay Rights and Trans Rights than I am about the Hunter Biden story brought to you by the wonderful people at Murdoch, the makers of Fox News.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont do SYQ here. instead, try to make a joke. if you cannot make a joke, simply empty quote a joke or type "lol", as i have demonstrated.

Thank You

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
This poster differs too strongly with the neoliberal consensus. Also, you have a shift key for a reason; use it. User loses posting privileges for one week.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Smythe posted:

dont do SYQ here. instead, try to make a joke. if you cannot make a joke, simply empty quote a joke or type "lol", as i have demonstrated.

Thank You

lol

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
In defense of Manchin,

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Brrrmph posted:

In defense of Manchin,

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

*citation needed*

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Of course I'm a progressive. I voted for Warren,

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

*a story implying the status quo is bad is posted*

*dnd goons jumping over themselves to defend the bad poo poo in the story by saying it's within the law*

cycle repeats on loop

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tokin opposition posted:

Nam placerat felis quis urna interdum porta. Mauris bibendum massa in pulvinar ornare.

Wow, just going straight in with an ad-hom. Real nice.

tokin opposition posted:

Nam vehicula iaculis tellus non suscipit.

And now right into a Motte and Bailey. God, you're so predicatable.

tokin opposition posted:

Donec non nunc odio. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Morbi consequat leo eu orci vehicula, ut facilisis lorem viverra. Ut cursus sagittis ornare. Donec massa felis, vehicula sed auctor a, congue eget ex. Mauris ornare rutrum fermentum. Fusce maximus posuere velit finibus accumsan.

Begging the question.

tokin opposition posted:

Mauris placerat purus in lectus interdum congue. Phasellus efficitur venenatis lorem, scelerisque faucibus tellus feugiat vitae. Praesent magna turpis, porttitor ut consectetur id, rutrum et arcu. Morbi sed sapien volutpat ipsum ultrices volutpat. Ut urna turpis, ullamcorper consequat elit at, dictum tempor tortor.

More begging the question :rolleyes:

tokin opposition posted:

Ut non felis sit amet neque dignissim volutpat. Mauris ac faucibus sapien. Praesent sed mauris justo. Curabitur non fringilla metus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc feugiat odio eu est pellentesque maximus. Maecenas auctor tincidunt mi a porttitor.

And then you pull the rare Double Motte Quadruple Bailey. Wonderful. Really.

Mods please ban + 30 at your earliest convenience.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

you can tell an argument is bad because it got probated

the longer the probation, the worse the argument

oh weird, all the lefty arguments keep getting probed, looks like the left is objectively wrong about everything

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

T-Paine posted:

This poster differs too strongly with the neoliberal consensus. Also, you have a shift key for a reason; use it. User loses posting privileges for one week.

yeah to post in d&d you gotta use the shift key, that's why they keep saying !$**

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The fact that the current President of the United States and head of the party which nominally stands against sexual violence has raped a woman and won't admit it is not a current event. Do not ever bring it up in this thread under any circumstance.

However, we understand that some of you may want to discuss it for whatever reason, so we have prepared a thread for this topic. It can be found on the 4th page of the Coupons & Deals forum.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

Of course I'm a progressive. I voted for Warren,

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
doNt DO sYQ HERe. INsTEAD, Try TO maKe a JoKE. If You CaNNOT make a joke, sIMPlY EMpTY QuotE A jOkE Or tYpe "LoL", aS I HAVE DEMonsTRATEd.

ThANk YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

doNt DO sYQ HERe. INsTEAD, Try TO maKe a JoKE. If You CaNNOT make a joke, sIMPlY EMpTY QuotE A jOkE Or tYpe "LoL", aS I HAVE DEMonsTRATEd.

ThANk YOU

many people are saying this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Smythe posted:

many people are saying this

lol

e damnit missed the original post before you changed it :argh:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

All C-SPAM says is
MATERIAL CONDITIONS, CAPITALISM, DIALECTICS, READ THEORY

I just wanna lol at Republicans for God's sake!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

Thank You

You aren't allowed to empty quote in d&d

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

can't wait to get out there and volunteer for every future election, each one being the most important in our lifetime

a real quality use of one's time

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

paul_soccer12 posted:

You aren't allowed to empty quote in d&d

this

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

This guy used to be an admin lol

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

WampaLord posted:

can't wait to get out there and volunteer for every future election, each one being the most important in our lifetime

a real quality use of one's time

Goon project: let's send Joe Biden a pizza with an O cut out of it so he accepts the running mate position

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Ceyton posted:

is there supposed to be a problem here or

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I work in the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi. Kinda rowdy outside the gates this evening.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ceyton posted:

Yeah it's such bullshit he isn't any more

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Peaceful protest will surely fix the behaviors of those who profit greatly from human suffering

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
It is a melancholy object to those, who walk through this great town, or travel in the country, when they see the streets, the roads, and cabbin-doors crowded with beggars of the female sex, followed by three, four, or six children, all in rags, and importuning every passenger for an alms. These mothers, instead of being able to work for their honest livelihood, are forced to employ all their time in stroling to beg sustenance for their helpless infants who, as they grow up, either turn thieves for want of work, or leave their dear native country, to fight for the Pretender in Spain, or sell themselves to the Barbadoes.

I think it is agreed by all parties, that this prodigious number of children in the arms, or on the backs, or at the heels of their mothers, and frequently of their fathers, is in the present deplorable state of the kingdom, a very great additional grievance; and therefore whoever could find out a fair, cheap and easy method of making these children sound and useful members of the commonwealth, would deserve so well of the publick, as to have his statue set up for a preserver of the nation.

But my intention is very far from being confined to provide only for the children of professed beggars: it is of a much greater extent, and shall take in the whole number of infants at a certain age, who are born of parents in effect as little able to support them, as those who demand our charity in the streets.

As to my own part, having turned my thoughts for many years upon this important subject, and maturely weighed the several schemes of our projectors, I have always found them grossly mistaken in their computation. It is true, a child just dropt from its dam, may be supported by her milk, for a solar year, with little other nourishment: at most not above the value of two shillings, which the mother may certainly get, or the value in scraps, by her lawful occupation of begging; and it is exactly at one year old that I propose to provide for them in such a manner, as, instead of being a charge upon their parents, or the parish, or wanting food and raiment for the rest of their lives, they shall, on the contrary, contribute to the feeding, and partly to the clothing of many thousands.

There is likewise another great advantage in my scheme, that it will prevent those voluntary abortions, and that horrid practice of women murdering their bastard children, alas! too frequent among us, sacrificing the poor innocent babes, I doubt, more to avoid the expence than the shame, which would move tears and pity in the most savage and inhuman breast.

The number of souls in this kingdom being usually reckoned one million and a half, of these I calculate there may be about two hundred thousand couple, whose wives are breeders; from which number I subtract thirty thousand couple, who are able to maintain their own children, (although I apprehend there cannot be so many under the present distresses of the kingdom) but this being granted, there will remain a hundred and seventy thousand breeders. I again subtract fifty thousand, for those women who miscarry, or whose children die by accident or disease within the year. There only remain a hundred and twenty thousand children of poor parents annually born. The question therefore is, How this number shall be reared and provided for? which, as I have already said, under the present situation of affairs, is utterly impossible by all the methods hitherto proposed. For we can neither employ them in handicraft or agriculture; they neither build houses, (I mean in the country) nor cultivate land: they can very seldom pick up a livelihood by stealing till they arrive at six years old; except where they are of towardly parts, although I confess they learn the rudiments much earlier; during which time they can however be properly looked upon only as probationers; as I have been informed by a principal gentleman in the county of Cavan, who protested to me, that he never knew above one or two instances under the age of six, even in a part of the kingdom so renowned for the quickest proficiency in that art.

I am assured by our merchants, that a boy or a girl, before twelve years old, is no saleable commodity, and even when they come to this age, they will not yield above three pounds, or three pounds and half a crown at most, on the exchange; which cannot turn to account either to the parents or kingdom, the charge of nutriments and rags having been at least four times that value.

I shall now therefore humbly propose my own thoughts, which I hope will not be liable to the least objection.

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricasee, or a ragoust.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

The cope in this thread is palpable. YOU are the problem with American politics.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I don't agree with all the nazi stuff but,

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

How are the chuds reacting to Russia getting its butt kicked

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ted hitler hunter posted:

Listen, I'm an old school Leftist from way back I want what Marx wants—in principle but you are not going to get there by going outside the Democratic party. You're throwing away your vote and helping the Republicans. Even Lenin voted for the Social Democrats and if he was alive today he would tell these losers to go out there and vote!

This is actually false. If you look into voting history of the united states and europe dating to the 1800s it is a verifiable fact that helping the republican party is actually what Karl Marx wanted and is IN FACT communist theory. But I'm sure they all think you're very cool in C-Spam with your contrarian takes.

quote:

You need to vote in every single election in your area.

This is categorically not true.

quote:

Engagement CAN stop these yahoos, endless handwringing and conversations - not so much. They are winning elections because of this. The best way to stop that? Do your duty and vote. Get engaged.
Actually do the thing most of us don’t do - turnout is dismal in local elections, and the right counts on that. Make them wrong!

This really smacks of Holier Than Thou dianetics and honestly I thought you were a more reasoned individual such as this. QED if you need to extoll the virtues of voting to a populace then it is clear that your inability to govern in an efficient manner proves, beyond a doubt, that you lack the abilities to govern correctly and are therefore not worth voting for. In the landmark academic work "The End of Voting: A Liberal Viewpoint on Democracy In Modern Wallachia" John H Petersen proposed that in fact if you cannot prove that voting increases the ability of capital to better capitulate its needs than the increasing regression in the economic society of your populace is exponential (hilbert inclusive). Of course I would expect a rural such as yourself to not have read such a work. By all means continue to ride your tractor to the wal mart while reading Hegel, since that seems to be your speed intellectually.

quote:

As a Marxist I can say that Biden is making good progress.

While I agree with you on this point I disagree with your methodology. I think if you were to check the 10 year savings bond delta mesh against the S&P it's actually proof positive that the current Administration is at the very least Hoxhaist if not even Titoist but I can see your point.

quote:

Biden has been given a lot to deal with, and he's done a fine job of things. The Democrats can win the mid-terms and 2024 and are winning right now but the revanchist contrarian jokerfied black-pilled doom scrolling former Bernie Bros in places like Z-SPAM are sapping the morale of Democratic voters by spreading Republican and Russian disinformation online to "own the libs" and get revenge for their failed 2016 and 2020 campaigns where they expected to be served the presidency on a platter without putting in any work. For all intents and purposes they might as well be working for the Republicans right now and I'm surprised why Jefferey haven't excised that cancer from these forums.

(posts an entire nat geo article inline without breaks because I have no retort)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

when you look at the historical data, the USA was a net good for the world

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
how long will it take to conquer baghdad? 2 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

is pepsi ok posted:

Wow, just going straight in with an ad-hom. Real nice.

And now right into a Motte and Bailey. God, you're so predicatable.

Begging the question.

More begging the question :rolleyes:

And then you pull the rare Double Motte Quadruple Bailey. Wonderful. Really.

Mods please ban + 30 at your earliest convenience.

go back to lf