Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
going full trumper doesn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
+The wacko who couldn;t see my truth?

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

knew some guy who started "posting" on something called "online" and he was never the same

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

goochtit posted:

knew some guy who started "posting" on something called "online" and he was never the same

Ooh that's how they get you.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

yo

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
hi (hi)

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Yeah i think their name was Original Poster. Pretty fun dude, had lots of yugioh cards. But oh so very crazy

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Whenever i speak with someone from the old gang theres always a "Remember that time when OP..." story and we laugh our asses off and then the laughter stops and a melancholic mood sets in when we inevitably remember the final incident

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I know a lady who unironically quoted the dark queen speech from LotR when referring to herself. And she ran for local office one year and put a skeleton up in her yard with a sign stating, "I COULDN'T AFFORD TO BRIBE THE COUNTY SO I'M DOING THIS."

She didn't win, though.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh, and there was a (different) lady who was crushing on a 50 year-old man and kept leaving groceries on his doorstep. Just like, milk and eggs and stuff.
The cops had to tell her to knock it off.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
And knew a dude named Junior who had bad bouts with schizophrenia. Saw my mom's face ina tree once and thought she was mad at him. Also told the neighborhood kids he'd "crush them like cereal." So of course they all liked to go fishing with him.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I live with myself every day, OP

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

sadly yes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I am incredibly radicalized to the point where it affects my personal relationships. I'm sure to some people I am now crazy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Das Boo posted:

I know a lady who unironically quoted the dark queen speech from LotR when referring to herself. And she ran for local office one year and put a skeleton up in her yard with a sign stating, "I COULDN'T AFFORD TO BRIBE THE COUNTY SO I'M DOING THIS."

She didn't win, though.

she sounds awesome tho

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It runs in my family, probably just a matter of time before you'll all know someone if I keep posting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yes I have an in-law that has a mental health condition.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Colonel Cancer posted:

she sounds awesome tho

She's pretty fun from a distance. I small-time worry she'll reinvent me in her mind as some kinda goblin and come to slay me one day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Yes, I have a mental problem. A few of them I think. Which one were you asking about?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Tangent Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivEzQUGHOQ

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm slowly losing grip on reality myself.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bogus Adventure posted:

I live with myself every day, OP

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Oh, and there was a (different) lady who was crushing on a 50 year-old man and kept leaving groceries on his doorstep. Just like, milk and eggs and stuff.
The cops had to tell her to knock it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTjmt4EiqA

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm pretty insane OP, it's not too bad honestly.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVrop697uU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I knew someone who developed schizophrenia in early 20s. The whole shebang. People were spying on him, flavour of the month terrorist attacks were all false flags, the moon is actually hollow and a spacecraft from an alien species etcetc. Carried around a notebook full of scribbled numbers, diagrams and non-sequiturs like a walking stereotype.

Think they were medicated briefly, stopped, and learned to just hide their thoughts. They then moved to LA (internationally) to work as a senior concept artist for a game studio. Now they smoke truckloads of legal weed, have had a string of glamorous partners and have a nice house. They just had a commission of $100k to make a batch of NFTs as a side gig.

So, you know, they're living their best life. Crazy didn't hold him back one bit to be honest. Their online portfolio actually references one of their paranoid delusions, but I can't share it because it would be doxxing. But it's really funny to me that it's just...right out there in the open, and everyone thinks it's a joke or an artsy thing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My childhood best friend had a major schizoid episode when he was 28. Just disappeared for 3 weeks, found out later it was due to an inpatient stay in a mental health facility. I worked at the same place as him and talked to HR on his behalf to make sure he didn't lose his job for 3 weeks of no call, no show (didn't give them any details, just said he had an emergency health crisis). They were willing to let him come back, but on the day he was supposed to return he "didn't feel like" walking to the store (~1/4 mi.) to buy a bus pass, so he didn't come in and got fired anyway.

He was always a weird/awkward guy but he was previously harmless. Something changed after his episode. Over the next 4 years my friends and I supported him when we could because we knew he was going through a lot. He moved in with his mom and she didn't have much. I paid their bills several times. He decided at some point that he wasn't ever going to go back to work because he was "sick of the rat race" but he had no plans to help around the house or with the bills - he was convinced he would be a famous musician one day. Over time he got less appreciative of his mom and turned into a huge rear end in a top hat to her, just constantly yelling and screaming about how she never did anything for him. He became obsessed with Counter-Strike. Like, he would play Counter-Strike for 14 hours a day. He got very serious about forming a "clan". He talked about his Counter-Strike clan like they were top-tier world champions who were raking in money from tournaments, but I don't think he ever played or won a single competitive event.

When he was 32 he got his first-ever "girlfriend". It was a girl who had joined his Counter-Strike clan. She lived in a different country. He didn't seem to understand that this was abnormal, and from that point forward she was the only thing he would ever talk about. He talked to all of us about his internet girlfriend for hours at a time without shutting up as if she was someone that any of us knew or cared about. Any time we changed the subject he would just get quiet and wait patiently until an opportunity arose to bring up his "girlfriend" or connect the current conversation to her somehow.

After about a year of this he started telling me more about her and poo poo just got creepy. She was sixteen years old and the reason he wanted to talk to me about it was because her mom was skeeved out by this random internet dude that her daughter was chatting to non-stop. He was angry at the girl's mom because she wanted to have "a conversation" with him about her daughter, what his intentions were, what they were doing, etc. He wanted to be able to talk to this girl without her mom's approval. So what he did was stole money from his dying grandmother to buy this 16 year old girl in another country an iPhone. I should note that he did not have his own cellphone at this time, he bought her an iphone so that he could call her from his mom's landline. I also found out that as far as this girl and her mom knew, he was 25, not 32. I know this because he asked me if his highschool yearbook photo would pass as being 25. He had never sent her a picture of himself and now he wanted to catfish her with his own highschool yearbook photo.

Myself and our other friends finally put our foot down and confronted him about how creepy and weird all of this was and told him that he needed to stop. Dude flipped out. Screamed at us about how we were all jealous of him because his girlfriend was a "hot teenager", claimed that we were just mad that we "had to date old women", said he should just drive up to Canada and pick her up and leave us and her family behind (he didn't have a car).

I went totally no contact with him after that and just blocked his number and forgot about him. Some mutual friends tried to remain amicable toward him. He got dumped by the girl (and/or her mom? I didn't really understand the details) a few months later and got severely depressed. That was about 6 years ago. He still lives with his mom, doesn't have a job, and says he never plans to work again. Still convinced he'll be a famous musician one day. Still spends 14 hours a day playing Counter-Strike or League of Legends. He hasn't found a new girlfriend yet though. I would not be at all surprised if he posts on /r/incels now

He just got a cellphone again for the first time last week and has been texting one of our mutual friends the most inane 'here's a random thought I had' texts about how much his dog looks like marlon brando or whatever 100+ times a day. Probably because he has had no one to talk to for six years, which I almost feel bad about until I remember what a piece of garbage he is.

And I of course left out a lot of dumb things he did throughout that whole timeframe, like the time he asked me to buy him weed and I said I couldn't because I had just signed a lease for a new apartment and could not afford to buy him weed, and he screamed at me about how selfish I was and what a bad friend I was for not recognizing that he needed whatever money I had more than I did.

The biggest thing that stands out to me is that despite always being awkward as hell, he was incredibly nice to everyone all the time before his episode. Like, the reason we all hung out with him despite him being weird was because he was just legitimately a good, friendly, harmless person. Afterward it was like a switch flipped and suddenly the entire world was about him and nothing mattered except for him getting to live out his rockstar fantasy.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 2, 2022

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You shouldn’t call people crazy, OP. but, yes, big time.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
That one guy who "gets" FYAD

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

That one guy who "gets" FYAD

:iiam:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Only a few, and they were all military veterans.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, me, after getting my spine crushed.

While remaining aware that all this poo poo I thought didn't add up but being unable to stop believing it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dozens of people, including myself, seriously.

I guess we were / are (where applicable) just run of the mill crazies, so there's not much to tell IMO.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gonna be a lot of crossover with this thread.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Some say i'm losing my grip on reality, well I say reality is losing its grip on me :smugbert:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

when I was wee there was a crazy alky woman around town that everyone called Mad Pat. she loved celtic football club and you could piss her off and get chased if you shouted anti celtic or pro rangers stuff.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
one time when i was really really stoned i heard a woman's voice whisper "purple" in my right ear

i was not looking at anything purple or thinking about it, and it was unnerving enough that if i ever start going mad, i deffo want the full package and dont want to be lucid at all

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i knew a guy in grad school that did a ton of dmt over spring break and when he came back he went nuts and gave thousands of dollars to the tool army and had what appeared to be a schizophrenic break - but he was just on a crazy psychedelic binge and ended up fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My dad thought he was going to get sued for some businessman poo poo last year and he had a full nervous breakdown and thought people were following and spent thousands and thousands of dollars getting the house checked for bugs by security companies multiple times. It turned out he wasn't involved in the lawsuit but he still kept getting the house checked and he hasn't been the same since.