Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FTR/BRISCOES FUUUUUCK :stare:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JCW
Oct 22, 2008
What a great show. FTR vs Briscoes was about as good as it gets for me. I really hope they get to do that a few more times. Seeing Joe in an ROH ring makes me feel 13 again. Really fun stuff.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84fLA--LUz4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Really great show. Bought the PPV but this was good enough to make me look at Honor Club. What really struck me was that even though there were a bunch of AEW contracted guys on the card it didn't feel like an AEW show. Everything from match layout to cultural touchstones were pure ROH.

And they gave Yuta and Suzuki titles. Love it entirely.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I haven't seen any ROH since they layered a whole load of shite over a New Japan MSG show. That was so much better, mostly because it was at least 50% just an AEW show in disguise.

- I remember Caprice doing some New Japan shows and being godawful but it seems like he's improved a ton and him and Riccaboni have really good chemistry.

- Haven't seen Blake Christian's since he got stuck in the WWE vortex but he's also got better. He's a really good person for ROH to keep around long-term

- AQA/Alize was an AEW Dark match

- Never seen the Gates of Agony but that Toa guy was an absolute trainwreck, so unsafe

- What the gently caress happened to Joe Hendry? It looks like he got into Brian Cage's roid supply :stare:

- That was the best Swerve match I've seen yet but he's still got the problem where I keep coming away thinking his opponent is better

- Cage was Tully's new signing as I told you. Scoopsgal does it again

- I really liked how the Lethal storyline carried on from AEW and the heel turn itself was really well handled

- I know the Dark squad said that Willow was good but why did nobody tell me she was adorable :3:

- FTR/Briscoes gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress, definitely my MOTY so far

- YOUNG BUCKS DID A RICK RUDE lmao

- Rhett Titus has lots of abs

- Happy for Yuta winning and Woods really impressed me but I too was sad by the lack of Regal

- I love that Chavo continued his role in Khan continuity of 'cheating gently caress who's wrestler wants nothing to do with him'

- Feels like Gresham's taking the Octopus thing a bit far with that tentacle stormtrooper helmet

- Main event slapped though

- Hell yeah Samoa Joe :neckbeard:

Great show, I'm really interested to see what happens with ROH next.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

- I know the Dark squad said that Willow was good but why did nobody tell me she was adorable :3:

We thought you knew! She is absolutely the cutest.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

My 11 year old nephew happened to be here during this show and thought FTR vs Briscoes was the coolest poo poo ever, glad FTR won, then immediately was happy about the Bucks ruining them all because they're the coolest.

This is my same nephew who's favorite wrestler is Orange Cassidy and his favorite moment of wrestling this year is still "that guy was smart enough to wear a cup against the guy who keeps hitting everyone in the balls to win"

I have mixed emotions about this kids picks but encourage him to go for whatever he's down for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

was happy about the Bucks ruining them all because they're the coolest.

I'm sorry, your nephew's a turd

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He thought Yuta/Woods was boring so I think I have to disown him as a family member.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

I'm sorry, your nephew's a turd

I KNOW HE THINKS THEY LOOK UNIRONICALLY COOL

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
First ROH show I've seen since probably AmDrag left. loving awesome show. FTR/Briscoes was sensational wrestling.

I wonder if Lethal cheating against Moriarty was supposed to evoke Joe grabbing the ropes against Punk @ Joe v Punk II. Especially with Joe returning and confronting Lethal.

The crowd was reacted the same way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/rohcary/status/1510075825936338947?s=20&t=eCESRyDYugRcFFWkBThfBA

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I enjoyed the wrestling.

Has Samoa Joe broken his nose a few times since he left WWE? My man looks positively English.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

New to RoH (only watched selected stuff since I started watching wrestling again because of AEW):

Holy poo poo Tony you absolute madman :stare:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I saw a tweet that said something like "Tony Khan booked himself against himself on Friday night and he STILL won both shows"

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I tend to poo poo on Brian Cage in the AEW threads but I found myself popping for his surprise appearance here. He also seemed to have gained a lot more presence and personality since I last saw him on AEW--'twas a quality squash match!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This was the first ROH show I've ever seen (to my great regret, I wish it had been easier to get back in the day because I would have been extremely into it) and holy gently caress what a show.

The Briscoes - FTR match was one of the best matches I've ever seen, and none of the other matches were close to bad. Tony Khan is a madman and he absolutely must NOT be stopped.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I tend to poo poo on Brian Cage in the AEW threads but I found myself popping for his surprise appearance here. He also seemed to have gained a lot more presence and personality since I last saw him on AEW--'twas a quality squash match!

Always said PSP would turn back onto Cage as soon as he showed up on TV again

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
It's only been one night but pairing Cage with Tully Blanchard in ROH just seems like a very natural fit. Very interested to see what Tully's Beef Experience does next.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cage is a significantly better fit for ROH, imo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm almost literally salivating thinking about all the cool poo poo Tony's gonna be able to do now that he owns both RoH and AEW. Not use RoH like a farm league or anything, but a secondary show with its own vibe, having people drift between the two shows and giving time to people who might not currently get the spotlight on AEW shows.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm almost literally salivating thinking about all the cool poo poo Tony's gonna be able to do now that he owns both RoH and AEW. Not use RoH like a farm league or anything, but a secondary show with its own vibe, having people drift between the two shows and giving time to people who might not currently get the spotlight on AEW shows.

That's exactly how I feel as well: keep ROH as its' own thing with some crossover here and there, and put some veterans in there with some newer prospects that might have outgrown Dark or Elevation but still need a little more seasoning before being moved to the main AEW roster.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1510240475227168774?s=20&t=JqUmYf0UL1wbZWUhr1qBLA

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
a very good show but as a newer roh viewer I think they could have booked the pure wrestling match a little better in terms of playing with the unique rules in the match a little more.. also the 20 count didn't really factor in all night. the commentary did mention that stuff a lot but I thought they could have done a better job highlighting some of that stuff in the match layouts, especially since there were probably a lot of new eyeballs on roh for the first time.

otherwise fantastic show imo very very enjoyable. really hope to see the briscoes more in aew or roh they're amazing. this is the first time I've ever seen them and I really enjoy their stuff.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That FTR/Briscoes match, my god.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I still can't believe Dax took that suplex to the floor

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I want Yuta to defend the Pure title against every early twenties guy AEW signed in the last year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bring back that really lovely blue n silver tv title lol

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this show just proves that wrestling is so easy when you don’t overcomplicate things and just let talented people do their talented job

long live ROH

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Cage's faults were always being booked as a babyface without a mouthpiece and his bad takes online. He's great as a heel with a mouthpiece doing cool moves.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Bard Maddox posted:

this show just proves that wrestling is so easy when you don’t overcomplicate things and just let talented people do their talented job

long live ROH

It always makes me laugh when I peek in the bad takes thread and see the usual claims about "you have to have constant goofy gimmicks and dumb storylines and backstage skits that insult people's intelligence all over your show, like what WWE does, otherwise wrestling is boring without them and you can't hook in THE CASUALS :worship:"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It always makes me laugh when I peek in the bad takes thread and see the usual claims about "you have to have constant goofy gimmicks and dumb storylines and backstage skits that insult people's intelligence all over your show, like what WWE does, otherwise wrestling is boring without them and you can't hook in THE CASUALS :worship:"

it's what happens when you look at how bad wwe is in-ring most of the time and conclude that wwe is so popular because the wrestling doesn't matter and all the stuff around it matters more (instead of wwe only being popular through inertia and fans of other companies just remembering how much the ring work matters)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also props to Willow. She still needs some training and experience, but she's pretty solid already and had a great promo before the match. Lots of fun, sign her up, Tony!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Does anyone else think there's an opening to bring in another luchador (Dragon Lee/RUSH or Demonic Flamita maybe) under Chavo to feud with Bandido with the way the match went?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also props to Willow. She still needs some training and experience, but she's pretty solid already and had a great promo before the match. Lots of fun, sign her up, Tony!

Technique can be fixed, especially if she takes some classes with Dustin. She already has a lot of the intangibles that are tougher to teach. She connects with crowds beautifully. When I was watching the show my non-wrestling-fan wife saw her and said "Who is THAT? Her hair is GORGEOUS!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

Does anyone else think there's an opening to bring in another luchador (Dragon Lee/RUSH or Demonic Flamita maybe) under Chavo to feud with Bandido with the way the match went recently?

That was a super fun spot, haven't seen a wrestler get so disgusted by their cheating-rear end manager's antics that they have them ejected. Also really enjoyed the Jay Lethal turn with him obviously being agonized over getting so desperate as to cheat.

Of course by the end of the show he seemed to be a bit more comfortable with it, but it was still fun to see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also props to the Sonjay Dutt turn later in the night, that son of a bitch :argh:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Also props to the Sonjay Dutt turn later in the night, that son of a bitch :argh:

The fakeout there was superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

Technique can be fixed, especially if she takes some classes with Dustin. She already has a lot of the intangibles that are tougher to teach. She connects with crowds beautifully. When I was watching the show my non-wrestling-fan wife saw her and said "Who is THAT? Her hair is GORGEOUS!"

I said it in the gdt, but Willow could easily fill the role that I assume they wanted Kylie Rae to have with more experience.