Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t know why but Supercard is free on Honor Club so I’ve been watching this morning. Pretty fun show so far! Billie and Aminata rule. Dalton is great but that match dragged on. Fletcher is on another level and this is his least terrible haircut yet.

Just on the Women’s Title match now. Athena’s Karlach outfit brings me much joy. The main was spoiled for me in the AEW thread already but still looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t know why but Supercard is free on Honor Club so I’ve been watching this morning.

all new ROH papes are now included with the cost of Honor Club :)

e; oh that kind of free lol

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 6, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

all new ROH papes are now included with the cost of Honor Club :)

I don’t have Honor Club and am not logged in!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How the EFF do you cancel Honor Club?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
click Settings on the front page, then My Account, then Manage Subscriptions

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Barry Bluejeans posted:

click Settings on the front page, then My Account, then Manage Subscriptions

There isn't a cancel option, it just has my subscription and then next to it, "Subscribe".

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

MJeff posted:

There isn't a cancel option, it just has my subscription and then next to it, "Subscribe".

It should say unsubscribe, that what it says when I checked on mine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, it says Subscribe and when I click on that, it says "You already have other plan active. Do you wish to continue with this new subscription?"

Tiny Con has done it again!!!!!!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah, it says Subscribe and when I click on that, it says "You already have other plan active. Do you wish to continue with this new subscription?"

Tiny Con has done it again!!!!!!!!

now you're trapped with a subscription to a good weekly wrestling show mwahahaha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

perhaps someone could copy the unsubscribe url to you. it may take inspecting some elements depending on how it's set up. i don't know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Finally finished Supercard of Honor. Good to great show.

The Dalton Vs. Johnny TV match wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be in the Best and Worst Matches thread. I had thought the crowd would be actively antagonistic towards the match and that it was career-killing for Dalton but the crowd was still very much into the match despite the Paul Walter Hauser of it all lol. It definitely didn't kill the crowd for the women's and men's title match after.

It was very boring to me but everyone but my friends liked it and then PWH came out and we all got excited because we love him, so it was a match with "something for everyone" as they say.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Is the name on his birth certificate Jonathan Television?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there's a blank line actually. Legally it says Johnathan ______________ .

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Is it just me or is the replay for Supercard only coming up in like 720p? Tried on my computer and my iPad both, both kind of look like butt.

Show is pretty good, the men’s TV match set a very high bar and I’m now to the women’s TV title match so still some fun to come. But eesh. I know it should be better than this potato quality.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t have an answer for that, but is the show still completely free to watch even if you’re logged out or do I just have magic internet? https://www.watchroh.com/details/28569

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t have an answer for that, but is the show still completely free to watch even if you’re logged out or do I just have magic internet? https://www.watchroh.com/details/28569
Yeah, I logged out and was still able to watch. I don't think that's how that is supposed to work.

As for the video quality, it's not great. At least it wasn't buffering or dropping to 144p super turbo potato quality constantly during Supercard like it was the last time I watched ROH on HonorClub a while ago. The settings button on the player is useless as well because it doesn't even let you choose your resolution and bitrate. But hey, you can increase the playback speed, which is clearly more important!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Ganso Bomb posted:

Holy poo poo lol. Tiny Con with the sloppy shop again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had fully intended to buy Honor Club on Saturday morning to watch the replay but then I didn’t have to spend a dime. A true blessing!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Jesus Christ. Billie Starkz needs to slow the gently caress down or she's not making 30. Starkz and Queen Amanata was match of the night for me, but God drat some of those bumps. That was hard to watch.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

there's a blank line actually. Legally it says Johnathan ______________ .

:perfect:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Time_pants posted:

Jesus Christ. Billie Starkz needs to slow the gently caress down or she's not making 30. Starkz and Queen Amanata was match of the night for me, but God drat some of those bumps. That was hard to watch.

She'll be fine. This match was actually her slowing down those bumps.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Her broken neck healed pretty fast, maybe she’s a Wolverine.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Time_pants posted:

Is this a post from 10 years ago about the bucks or 5 years ago about Osprey?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MassRafTer posted:

She'll be fine. This match was actually her slowing down those bumps.

Agreed, ever since she did a missed senton to a concrete floor for a TJPW match she's toned it down a bit

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
well, the night before the roh show, she got no-hands lawn-darted into a door propped up against the turnbuckle on the ddt show

sure did make the worked neck injury more effective to me the next night

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Shard posted:

Is this a post from 10 years ago about the bucks or 5 years ago about Osprey?

Sorry. I turn into everyone's parent when I watch wrestling (in fairness, Ospreay did change his style after being warned by veterans that he was going to get hurt). Seriously, though, step aside Darby Allin. Starkz is absolutely nuts.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I don’t know how you can talk caution into a successful 19-year-old pro wrestler. That’s like asking a Von Erich to take it easy on the Placidyls.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hm... this doesn't look optimal.

I wasn't able to subscribe so I tried several times. I still can't watch anything but the latest show (which is available for everyone).

So far it hasn't taken any money from my bank account.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Speaking of Starkz; as an outside observer I figured Starkz would be the one to dethrone Athena. Then it...didn't happen. So who does dethrone Athena?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
honestly, they should keep pushing Aminata and put the big belt on her at the next PPV

they've already got a story in with Billie screwing her out of the TV title, I could see her going after Athena and the Minions for revenge

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Speaking of Starkz; as an outside observer I figured Starkz would be the one to dethrone Athena. Then it...didn't happen. So who does dethrone Athena?

Possibly still Starkz down the line.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

No one.

Same as Samoa Joe

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

It'll still be Billie, Tony's just taking booking tips from Triple H.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Oh my God. Johnny TV was audibly calling spots at points in the match. That said, I love this. It is art. It is the only art that ever mattered.

E: this is my all-time favorite match. Hands down.

E2: just finished Briscoe-Kingston awww!

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 9, 2024

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

It should've been Billie at Final battle but now it should be Aminata. She's great, she's getting over with the fans, and she'd have more chances to show herself off than if she was just another midcarder in AEW.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Aminatas offense in the Billie match was so good. Both will be stars.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

No one.

Same as Samoa Joe

You're thinking an Asuka-like vacation of the title and "callup" to AEW?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I don't see the sense in building someone up for over a year and then not letting anyone get the rub of beating them.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Evil Billie

https://x.com/ringofhonor/status/1777758380058435753?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Only had time to watch the first few matches of Supercard. Who knew Lee Johnson was so good?? It’d be good to see his career start to go places off the back of it.