Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little bummed that it looks like Tony mostly bought the name and already had the ROH guys he wanted under contract with AEW, for the most part. The only non-AEW guys who seem set to stick around off this show are Tully's new tag team, and maybe Dalton Castle. Heck, the post-match angle all but made it seem like the Briscoes were retiring (and not, y'know, wrestling another banger like 3 hours later) Which is a shame if you liked the crew that was working for ROH before the shutdown.

The Briscoes getting beat down definitely did not make it seem like they were retiring, this isn't WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little bummed that it looks like Tony mostly bought the name and already had the ROH guys he wanted under contract with AEW, for the most part. The only non-AEW guys who seem set to stick around off this show are Tully's new tag team, and maybe Dalton Castle. Heck, the post-match angle all but made it seem like the Briscoes were retiring (and not, y'know, wrestling another banger like 3 hours later) Which is a shame if you liked the crew that was working for ROH before the shutdown.

before tony bought ROH they'd already announced that they were releasing all current ROH people from their contracts

i think it's too early to tell what the more permanent future of ROH's roster will be (other than tony wanting to keep doing ppvs and apparently also do a weekly show), and with 'nobody actually currently works for ROH' in mind i think it's understandable that for now the belts are on people that tony already has a working relationship with

edit: also, yeah, I don't know why you'd think the briscoes would be retiring?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the briscoes had a match on an impact ppv literally the same night as the roh match so, yeah, they are gonna keep going lmao

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
They were doing some weird lap of honor type thing after the match and before the beatdown though, and the way the commentators were talking I assumed it was because they weren't contracted for any more ROH shows. I thought the implication was that the ROH roster will be comprised of people already on the AEW roster, especially given that Samoa Joe is clearly doing stuff in ROH but had the "Is All Elite" graphic put up immediately after his debut.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
again, nobody's contracted for any more ROH shows currently because there are no more ROH shows currently lol

the most you can conjecture about is who's likely to show up again, and out of all the people not already signed to AEW i think the briscoes are at the top of the list right after gresham

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

flatluigi posted:

again, nobody's contracted for any more ROH shows currently because there are no more ROH shows currently lol

the most you can conjecture about is who's likely to show up again, and out of all the people not already signed to AEW i think the briscoes are at the top of the list right after gresham

I think Gresham is signed, he certainly was talking like he was signed during the media scrum, saying that he wants to wrestle Danielson and Punk.

As far as the Briscoes go I think it depends if TK gets a deal for ROH on a non-Time Warner network or not, given that there was supposedly an executive that objected to them appearing in AEW during the buildup to the match with FTR because of Jay's old tweets. Obviously time will tell of course.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know the Briscoes aren't retiring but the whole 'champs cede the ring' thing is something you do as a goodbye, hence why I said it was weird.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think Gresham is signed, he certainly was talking like he was signed during the media scrum, saying that he wants to wrestle Danielson and Punk.

As far as the Briscoes go I think it depends if TK gets a deal for ROH on a non-Time Warner network or not, given that there was supposedly an executive that objected to them appearing in AEW during the buildup to the match with FTR because of Jay's old tweets. Obviously time will tell of course.

Pretty sure anyone “signed” is signed with AEW and they’ll just be used by ROH.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well yeah, that's what I meant :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dunno. Tony has made it a point that the 2 are owned separately. I personally hope there isn't too much crossover, if only so I don't have to watch 2 separate promotions just to keep up. It's hard enough with Dynamite and Rampage some weeks.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Walla posted:

Dunno. Tony has made it a point that the 2 are owned separately. I personally hope there isn't too much crossover, if only so I don't have to watch 2 separate promotions just to keep up. It's hard enough with Dynamite and Rampage some weeks.

i think the way to think about it is that roh will be the nxt (the version of nxt that was good) to aew's main roster. people will show up, some people will be signed to primarily be on roh, and there'll be some crossover occasionally with everything still being mostly separate

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Supercard of Honor is around NZ$50 on FITE. Should I buy the replay, then?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

is Honor Club not available in New Zealand?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

edogawa rando posted:

Splash that cash on a VPN instead!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As well as Gresham sticking around I'd expect Bandido to be a continued fixture considering they specifically used his match to set up an ongoing storyline with Chavo. Also Tony was putting over Willow a lot in the media scrum so I expect he has plans to keep using her too

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gaz-L posted:

Heck, the post-match angle all but made it seem like the Briscoes were retiring (and not, y'know, wrestling another banger like 3 hours later) Which is a shame if you liked the crew that was working for ROH before the shutdown.

What

They got ambushed by the Young Bucks, clearly setting up an angle between them and the Bucks down the road which is the polar opposite of retiring.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

is Honor Club not available in New Zealand?

Looks like it is. We often miss out on this sort of thing (HBO Max is still unavailable here, for example).

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

As well as Gresham sticking around I'd expect Bandido to be a continued fixture considering they specifically used his match to set up an ongoing storyline with Chavo. Also Tony was putting over Willow a lot in the media scrum so I expect he has plans to keep using her too

There was more than enough to show that the decisions are both short term smart in case things don't work out, but long term smart in that I think the only people who won who I wouldn't consider connected to ROH in some current way are FTR and Suzuki. And FTR had been running a huge angle with the Briscoes since Final Battle.

And FTR would have been ROH champs in literally any era and MiSu is loving MiSu.

Yuta was only recently considered AEW before anything else. And that main event owned and everyone's interactions made complete sense

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 4, 2022

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Edit: wrong thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

EDIT: responding in wrong thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wrong thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

correct thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thread feels wrong

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm wrong

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'm wrong

No I'm wrong

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQWH686QHg

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Does anyone know what Delirious is doing since he won’t be the booker anymore? He was my favorite indie wrestler :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Unknown if he'll be sticking around in the office in some capacity, he'd been helping with the training school in addition to booking but this show was also his last obligation under that contract

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone have a gif of Dax throwing a chair into the ring and Paul Turner catching it mid-air and gesturing "No" with his finger like a badass? That was loving great

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Unknown if he'll be sticking around in the office in some capacity, he'd been helping with the training school in addition to booking but this show was also his last obligation under that contract

Actually, the original contracts ran out on Mar 31, so other than the AEW talent, i believe everyone else did Supercard on a one-off basis.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Guillermus posted:

Does anyone have a gif of Dax throwing a chair into the ring and Paul Turner catching it mid-air and gesturing "No" with his finger like a badass? That was loving great

I do, now.

https://i.imgur.com/3jFfb6H.mp4

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jay grabbing the chair and shaking his head like "gimme that, dummy" is also good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This should be on the OP of every RoH thread from now imo :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Guillermus posted:

This should be on the OP of every RoH thread from now imo :allears:

Done

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want them to go back to the block letter logo

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

R)(H

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1511303245800554503?s=20&t=7_b5AHfWvO6n12mL8qlFdw

Death Before Dishonor 2019 had under 800

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What's ROH's best ever PPV buys?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Depends if you're counting All In or not. If you aren't, Best In The World 2014 did 12,000. That's the highest I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Also, that number isn't including the Honor Club subscriptions.