Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Does anyone know what Delirious is doing since he won’t be the booker anymore? He was my favorite indie wrestler :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just hope that RoH and AEW stay away from each other once the new RoH gets going, wait at least a year before you do any crossover.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s worse in the AEW thread where now all but a few are fully anti-labor (until the next Vince news drops)

The problem with Vince isn’t that he is a billionaire, but that he is objectively a horrible person.
Just because someone is filthy rich doesn’t mean that the laborer is always in the right.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rick posted:

I'm amazed only 20K saw G1 Supercard I don't feel like I've ever spoken to anyone who's missed it but I guess that is the bubble of this place.

I don't follow japanese wrestling at all, and I could probably only name a handful of japanese wrestlers most of which I know from AEW.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm genuinely curious, what does ROH do in 2023 that AEW doesn't do?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

MJeff posted:

Put more hours of Tony Khan booked wrestling into the universe.

I was hoping he wouldn't book ROH, TK really doesn't need to be stretched further than he is.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My favorite Low Ki moment was when he and Gran Akuma had a kicking contest in a Ted Petty Invitational match.
I miss Gran Akuma.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Danielson seems to do best when he is training people like himself, who are 100% dedicated to the craft and have the self-discipline to want to work beyond what is required.
When 20 students are standing there looking at him blankly and seemingly just want to be told what to do, that is when he struggles. There is a scene about it in the Wrestling Road Diaries.

But he seems to be doing better with coaching in AEW, we know that Jade Cargill and others have worked with him a lot.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/chikaraspecial/status/1641809334676910080?s=46&t=hN7QrcuD7lAZiiIdTJ-hdA

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
If I remember correctly, both Bryan and Nigel were going to join WWE. But Nigel told the truth about his health issues while Bryan lied.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/ROHhistory/status/1645801856575361024?s=20

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Dalton Castle was on AEW Unrestricted and confirmed that he has heat with Emi Sakura, about who is the biggest Queen fan.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Colt is back!
https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1648397786679746580

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Serpentico ends up with a title shot because Claudio starts to swing him and doesn't stop before the time limit.

Some people say that Claudio is still swinging him to this day.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I miss Delirious, he was my favorite indie wrestler :smith:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/coltcabana/status/1705062045908124125?s=46&t=hN7QrcuD7lAZiiIdTJ-hdA

Oasx fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 22, 2023

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Jon Cruz is the worst, why is a guy like that taking up precious match time when an underused talent like Serpentico gets nothing?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
At some point that coward Jon Cruz will stop dodging Serpentico so they can have match.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wonder if some of the RoH women like Athena will be moved to AEW. It seems like a waste to hire Mercedes and then still have great female talent on AEW’s 4th tier show.
I know TK loves RoH and its history, and so do I, but getting viewers on Dynamite (and Colission) should be the priority.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

The Taxman posted:

I don't want to sound like an rear end, but why would moving them to AEW TV programming be a draw for viewers?

I'd rather see them wrestle consistently and with more time, despite it not being on cable.

RoH is the women's show

E: poo poo, forgot to take the quote for the edit

Paying millions of dollars to sign one of the biggest female wrestling stars in the world is pretty pointless if you have a relatively small roster of female wrestlers and half of them are only wrestling on RoH.
Dynamite and Collision need to be good as RoH is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Shard posted:

Larry Sweeny is one of my earliest independent wrestling memories. Loved that guy. His TEXARKANA TV title was so great. And he had a great three way with Colt and Delirious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jNxrZfyu8

I know that everyone hates IWA:MS, but I discovered indie wrestling during the magic period when IWA:MS was good, the Ted Petty invitationals to this day are my favorite pro wrestling events.
Seeing Larry wrestle two of my favorite wrestlers is a real treat.