Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bring back that really lovely blue n silver tv title lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its gobshite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

first miss by mikey rukus in a while

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

correct thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want them to go back to the block letter logo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just glad tony relented and the company wasnt called WBW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was at the ppv before the msg show where they decided to have lethal and taven go 60. it was dreadful.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

joe needs an roh tag title run if he wins this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have 43 dvds, mostly between 2006 and 2009. i will not part with Manhattan Mayhem 05, GBH V N2 or Final Battle 06.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i only have 11 pwg dvds, last one being the final reseda show. :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

i’m watching 2004 roh and he’s already really good. it helps when you’re against danielson and feuding with punk (who is surprisingly great) but he’s already a top level worker by then. not as good as the 06 tag run or w/e but still great

i really liked the debut and then diverging of GenNext from that time period, everything with shelley, strong, aries was good stuff. evans too when he joined later.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Evans was with them from the first night.

for some reason i have it in my head he joined after alex was kicked out. its been 18 years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id be happy with prazak and leonard doing redubs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

congratulations to samoa joe on being the second wrestler to win the ROH World, Pure, and Television Championships.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

probably werent gonna do it, but tony should have promoted every gcw suzuki match the last few days as roh title matches to make the reign look better but also whatever

yeah that could have been cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they would be ring of honor guys in the ring of honor promotion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maybe they don't go back to a weekly tv taping format and its just show to show like how it was pre-2009?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its close enough that i dont need to make a new thread tag

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just gonna wait until danielson washes out of aew and loses his hair to blue demon jr

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

If they do a Deeb/Martinez match on the card, I hope they continue tagging afterward anyway, even as rivals. Their dynamic is too fun to pass up.

i agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think the only return that would top shibata's appearance at Forbidden Door for me would be Morishima running in after Greshams defense and smashing him with a backdrop driver

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im actually really looking forward to this show. even if there winds up not being a weekly product and just cards here and there, if they're even approaching this level quality i'm here for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do think they should merge the pure and television championships though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've always kept the faoth that this ppv is going to kick rear end

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

No it was a set up for The Briscoes winning in two straight and then rubbing it in Dax's face that his daughter is way tougher than he is.

hahaha

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will only miss gresham a little bit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

should be kazarian for parity

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gresham calls fouls in pickup basketball games

its not their fault that he thought those were games where they'll pick him up to shoot baskets

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

eldemiror posted:

Personally , I think both the AEW and ROH products have kind of lost the thread since the beginning of the year. The match quality has remained excellent , but both the rhythm and direction of the ongoing feuds feel off. Of course injuries played a major part, but in a roster with such talent I feel like better things could have been improvised. I wonder if this unlucky first half of the year will have effects on the way Tony plans feuds, as i seem to recall that he has always been a big proponent of not having fully fleshed out plans b.

I loved the PPV as a whole , but I am uncertain about the future of this AEW-ROH, as the situation is quite confused from an organizational perspective
what part is confusing?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

trade gresham for eddie edwards and davey richards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

basically hunt on ebay and hope they arent bootleg

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i bought the history of the ladder match dvd at my first roh show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if tk ever does a 49 minute 1 hour draw hes canceled.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my first roh show live was a new level the first show at hammerstein but the first show i watched was hell freezes over after downloading it on limewire

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

young roderick looks so weird today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wheeler Yuta defends the ROH Pure Championship

https://twitter.com/stokelyhathaway/status/1553049488079585281

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

The tease at the end of the show made me think we might get FTR vs Claudio and Yuta at All Out to set up Dax challenging for the ROH title on PPV.

had he not gotten hurt dax going for the pure title in the middle of said feud would have made a lot of sense to me and probably been a kickass match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oasx posted:

I don't follow japanese wrestling at all, and I could probably only name a handful of japanese wrestlers most of which I know from AEW.
that was the madison square garden ppv roh copromoted with new japan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really enjoy the current roh product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

xavier was finally going to get his roh world title rematch until the pandemic hit