Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

Does anyone else think there's an opening to bring in another luchador (Dragon Lee/RUSH or Demonic Flamita maybe) under Chavo to feud with Bandido with the way the match went?

I could see Tony bringing in Lee, Rush and Dralistico to work as the ROH Igobernbles faction again but I don't see them hooking up with Chavo as Rush is way too tranquilo for him (it'd be a great segment though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was kinda of on the fence on buying this show but Rush/Dragon lee gonna get me to buy it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cobb/Dorada being the CMLL/NJPW match on ROH show is just big time Tony booking

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was gonna watch later but it's pouring rain so gonna watch live. Have enough time to get Bocchi in before the pre-show too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder if WBD offered another for okay money but insisted on it being called AEW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

You're completely correct, and there were warning signs and people (*proudly raises hand among them) who'd seen this stuff coming from the moment the boom started that the burst was 1) coming and 2) going to be devastating when it hit. So far it's been Even Worse than expected, unfortunately/somehow (we all saw skyrocketing prices, every distributor trying to get a piece of the pie and a lot outright dying/being crippled in the process of trying and finding out the hard way about the burst, 2-3 monopolies that own everything taking control, etc; nobody ever could have expected that content would actually be erased from history entirely, and we're also seeing an unprecedented increase in content promised renewals having them rescinded and erased, even after already having been filmed)

Streaming ending up worse than Cable TV I think was my end call and while it doesn't have locked in contracts I'd say it's almost there !

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix's problem is that it originally started out as a replacement for video stores which was a solid business model. Trying to be a network turns out needs a different model (IE not dumping content all at once)

Tony's smart enough to avoid the doing PPV's live on honor club though. Gotta keep that revenue stream going

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Supercard of honor looking amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As much as that'd rock you'd have to think of all the New Japan guys Tony could give the ROH world title too he'd probably do Ishii just so he could say he was the promoter who gave Ishii a world title.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suzuki isn't in the G1 and I could see being a big enough name to fill in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He's not the most exciting choice because he does so many shindies that the Minoru Suzuki dream match doesn't mean as much, but it's definitely a safe choice for someone with star power. Would be fun if they did some comedy.

But the ideal would be Hiromu though. He's not in the G1 so unless he has some outside date he's perfect. He has the fan base, he's a great style match for Claudio and I think they'd be ok with him losing to a heavyweight champion. Especially if Tony had Yuta go back and return the job in a junior title match or something.

Yeah Hiromu actually would be the best cause and they can do Yuta/Hiromu as the main event of the All JR showcase too