Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that Tony Khan re-signed Cage with the intent to put him in ROH without even knowing the purchase would really work out / not even being able to tell Cage what was going on. 5th dimension chess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope they take Maria up on her offer to help with the ROH women's division

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Integrated Houston posted:

Walking out is the most interesting thing Gresham has ever done since I've become aware of him. The real tragedy here is that the discussion surrounding him has glossed over the true creative malfeasance on the show, which was putting Martinez over Deeb for reasons as yet inexplicable.

I mean just from watching the match (and past few matches she's had) it's easy to see that Mercedes is really loving good and even at like 41 years old wipes the floor with many of the younger women in AEW. Deeb is someday going to be a TNT/women's belt holder but for now I'm sure the plan was mainly "put two of my most talented women together for a great match"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MOTYC incoming with Athena v Miyu! Yamashita!

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1616798019789422592?s=20&t=wfbYQDl7YH0Q0WEbs0LF5A

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tanahashi, Vikingo, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Shibata, Lucha Bros, Yuta, Garcia, Athena, Yuka, Aussie Open all on the same card. loving insane, might be legit be one of the best shows I'll ever see

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

imo ROH has plenty of story to those matches i.e. mark wanting to prove himself as a singles guy so he goes after joe, YUTA testing his mettle versus a proven shooter, the tag team heir to the throne abdicated, eddie v claudio is just an eons-long thing to begin with. the woman's title has been kind of simmering to the tale of Athena being more aggressive in step with Yuka also being way more violent overseas, so it's just an inevitable power clash.

the stories are based more in "athletic competition" reasons but most of them have been gestating for a while, with the exception of Garcia v Tanahashi which is literally just "let me put my blue chip rookie against The loving Ace" in Garcia's continued road of colliding with the big boys

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

absolutely insane how anytime Emi is given the airtime she burns the house down. Athena being in ROH makes sense to me now because she's the undisputed ace of the fed, hope she gets to fight even more joshis because she's at a peak now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's cool that Anthony Henry is getting more screentime, dude did quite a few Dark matches last year that were really loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shoving Utami into ROH instead of one of the 3 AEW shows is nuts to me