Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I tend to poo poo on Brian Cage in the AEW threads but I found myself popping for his surprise appearance here. He also seemed to have gained a lot more presence and personality since I last saw him on AEW--'twas a quality squash match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I'm recently quite enamoured by shorter wrestlers (whose name isn't John Silver) doing cool poo poo, what are some of Jonathan Gresham's best matches that I can find online?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

What's the story about Gresham being difficult? Supercard of Honor was my first proper introduction to him so I'm not familiar with his reputation backstage.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Losing your title in an 11-minute match to start the PPV gotta be disrespectful booking, right? Maybe they only decided on that after he cussed out Tony Khan lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

edogawa rando posted:

Is starting off a PPV a bad thing? When you look at Tony Khan's booking, he's more often than not started the show with a fairly big match.

Opening with a big match for Dynamite/Rampage makes sense to me, you want to retain the random TV audience who's only tuning in after whatever comes before AEW. With PPVs, it's fans who are already commited to the product that's watching, so it feels a little "Let's just get this over and done with," especially considering the match length.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

What other black wrestler has left AEW and got the "bad attitude" narrative? I want to say Big Swole but most folks were on her side after Tony started tweetin' and she only got Always Bad-ed in retrospect.

Anyway, I think there's a fair amount of people in the AEW thread who aren't siding with Tony, are neutral about the whole situation, and, yes, are completely making GBS threads on Gresham. It's not the one-sided situation you think it is.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've only heard of Jay being accused of (multiple instances of) one thing, which is coercing sex from people in exchange for pushes or higher spots on the card. Is Gresham doing that or is there something else?

Jay Lethal was also accused of grooming AJ Lee even though their age gap is only two years apart and they dated when they were both teens. Meanwhile, Jordynne had apparently been hitting on Gresham since she was still a minor, although they only officially started dating when she turned 18.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Swole thinks it's cool that Vince paid hush money to the employee he sexual harassed because she was hot.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

They're still using her crew though, Renegade Twins in particular consistently get booked.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Just watched this week's ROH. It was strange that after Vikingo got injured, the commentators just pretended like he wasn't in the match anymore.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Can't stand any military pride gimmick.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I don't want to actually watch WWE, so can anyone tell me if Smackdown really had 18 minutes' worth of women's wrestling? I was under the impression that the average match length on WWE is way shorter than AEW. Or did they count segments, entrances, promos, and all into the 18 minutes as well?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The Beast Mortos is a hilarious name though, TK should do the needful and buy the name Black Taurus off AAA.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Finally finished Supercard of Honor. Good to great show.

The Dalton Vs. Johnny TV match wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be in the Best and Worst Matches thread. I had thought the crowd would be actively antagonistic towards the match and that it was career-killing for Dalton but the crowd was still very much into the match despite the Paul Walter Hauser of it all lol. It definitely didn't kill the crowd for the women's and men's title match after.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t have an answer for that, but is the show still completely free to watch even if you’re logged out or do I just have magic internet? https://www.watchroh.com/details/28569

Holy poo poo lol. Tiny Con with the sloppy shop again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Watching the latest ROH episode. The new announcer/backstage interviewer kinda sucks, bring back Dasha.