Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ROH Media Scrum just went live with FTR and TK kicking it off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMTzWpMHwbE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Huntman posted:

Nice to finally hear why Mercedes Martinez ended up going to WWE instead of AEW at the start.

Yeah, I like the glimpses of how this stuff goes down behind the scenes

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Joe coming in with the Danielson take of "I'm here to loving kill people"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

You bring Joe in, you send the drat private jet

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

lol that Tony Khan re-signed Cage with the intent to put him in ROH without even knowing the purchase would really work out / not even being able to tell Cage what was going on. 5th dimension chess

and then going "Jesus, Brian, why are you telling people I re-signed you"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
please stop asking Tony questions and let him go rest

(edit) hahahaha "give them another year to pull some bullshit and counterprogram me"

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 2, 2022

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jonny Nox posted:

oh come on.

Finding out how much TK hates Wrestlemania weekend is entertaining as hell.

this last answer has been great, I take it back

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

He probably shoulda told Cage about it from the start and also Cage's wife

He said he couldn’t because of signed NDAs with RoH while the negotiations were happening

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gaz-L posted:

Jay grabbing the chair and shaking his head like "gimme that, dummy" is also good.

Also Mark proudly pointing at Paul Turner like "you the man"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lumbermouth posted:

If Tony wants to just be the guy who has nice conversations with people then he needs to hire someone to have the difficult conversations, because it seems like he's bad at having those.

That would be Christopher Daniels, head of talent relations' job, yes - (edit: although I guess I don't know if he's also doing that for RoH)

If Gresham wants out, let him go, not a huge deal. Not everyone is going to be happy, and he would have had a decent spot in the company, but not the top guy champion for a long time kind of spot. At least he did the job on the way out, can't fault him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

El Generico posted:

Lately, in every promotion, it seems like the opener is supposed to be the second most important match after the main event. In many years past, it was called 'curtain jerking' and it was supposed to be the least over match.

One of things Jericho said about his Wrestlemania match with KO was that he pissed about its spot on the card because it was the second match of the show. And he didn't expect it to be the main event once Lesnar/Goldberg was announced but: "The difference was we went from the main event to being put on second. Now, that’s an insult, because the second match is just another match,” said Jericho. “Either you’re on last, or you’re on first, and maybe the semi-main event. But that’s it. Those are your big money spots for WrestleMania."

So it does seem like at least some wrestlers consider the first match a "money" spot.