Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The best thing about the confrontation at the end of the show was the music playing the whole way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Saul Goode posted:

I have seen a couple of times on social media people saying that Christian Cage was never in ROH, including I think one of AEW's own press releases, where they listed a bunch of AEW talent that had performed there and didn't include him. But he definitely wrestled a couple of times there, it was right before I stopped watching ROH back in like 2006 I think, in between leaving WWE and signing with TNA. Why has he been memory-holed so much? I thought he did pretty well for himself. This was back around the time Jeff Hardy turned up and got mercilessly booed because he was perceived as way too much of a psychology-less spot monkey for the high-brow ROHbots. And I remember people being nervous about what sort of reaction Christian would get because he had that same sort of stigma about him with all the TLC matches but he'd built up a huge online following and everyone was really curious about how he would go in front of the ROH faithful. Am I the only one who remembers this so clearly? Or have I just mixed it all up in my mind and none of it actually happened like that...?

Jeff Hardy wasn't booed out of the building because people looked down on his wrestling ability, it was because he was clearly going through a lot of personal issues at the time and looked like dogshit. Funnily I remember a lot of people at the time saying he looked washed up and thinking he was at the end of his career in like 2003. Although I suppose there's quite a few times during his career you could have reasonably thought that.