Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'm fine with Gresham leaving if he doesn't think there's a spot for him in ROH/AEW and has different ideas about his character - he's an independent contractor and that's his call. I'm also fine with it because he is maybe the least charismatic wrestler on Earth and Claudio is a way better and more obvious choice to be world champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Swole thinks it's cool that Vince paid hush money to the employee he sexual harassed because she was hot.

Wait, what?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Stroker Ace posted:

Which wrestler would do the best job cutting Al Swearengen’s “Pain or damage don’t end the world…” speech as a promo?

Eddie Kingston. Butcher and Blade would be a fun option as well.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Elephant Ambush posted:

Has TK or anyone else actually said that he's stretched thin? Is there any evidence of this at all?

Most of AEW's midcard feuds over the past year and a half.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

It's worth noting that most wrestling bookers burn out after a year or so if they're doing weekly TV and Tony has two other jobs in addition to that so yeah, it's not a point of shame that he's overextended. It happens. Ideally there's a contingency plan for him to step back for a bit and then come back later when he's refreshed.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pylons posted:

I want Tony unconstrained from the tyranny of quarter hour numbers and commercials. Book the wildest poo poo possible for my $10.

Honestly the outcome where TK's brain goes through the stargate and he books PCO and Luther in a deathmatch (and then together as a tag team) on television is the one i truly want.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Taya's evil cackling was some A+ heel poo poo. Pairing her with Johnny TV was such a good idea, it really helps them both.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

He's always had a ton of promise but I don't think he's come anywhere near realizing it until this ROH run. Not only has his ring work stepped up a notch, but his promos are starting to come along too.

He desperately needs some kind of character though. He's been a blue chip prospect for like 4 years straight.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

I don't know if Johnson works with STP with where he is right now and while a heel turn might well be good for him, it feels like STP is operating in a mode that I'm not sure Lee has right now.

Shane Taylor having two flunkies named Lee would be funny so I support this.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Sweeney called me a ham 'n egger at an ROH show back when they ran in Manassas. Definitely gonna strut today.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

a dumb moron posted:

I irrationally hate Rhett Titus. I just see him and am compelled to anger.

I don't hate him but he definitely looks like someone who's eaten human flesh. I think it's his teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Infantry's been killing it lately, that segment with the Outrunners was great and really emblematic of how fun to watch they've become

TK should display real courage and put the ROH tag belts on the Outrunners.