Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah that sure was a Brock and Roman match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like the last match was close to what I expected so it’s hard to be too mad at it. I would have been surprised if they had a good match.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

So does this make Reigns the new HHH?
He's the HEAD OF THE TABLE! So he can't actually wrestle anymore.
He'll send his lackey cousins to do his dirty work for a year until they turn on him next Wrestlemania.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

ronda/charlotte wasn't even the last advertised match on the card, the new day match was supposed to go on after it, even discounting the "impromptu" kevin owens/stone cold match

Ronda assured me it was the main event

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

any goodwill from night 1 is gone lmao

Just repeating the same beats from last year.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Every WrestleMania for the last like 5 years has a bunch of good to great matches them ends with a Lesnar/Reigns main event that makes me remember why I don't watch any TV wrestling shows anymore.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I am not Sports Entertained

On Wednesday you should be

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I was a WWE tourist for the weekend, honestly had plenty of laughs and was better than I thought.

They should have done something extra for that main event, or finished with Bianca/Becky.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Ronda assured me it was the main event

Ronda believes a lot of things without proper evidence

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Have him pissing all over the stadium.
It's what just happened anyway.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Goddamn that match was bad

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

it's been a while since i watched wwe, so i'm not familiar with most of the stories on the show and didn't watch most of it either because i don't care, but it really seems like they are running on fumes now for real. all their guys are in the same position they were in 5 years ago basically.

when stone cold came out again i didn't care. they already did a old stone cold gives old vince one last stunner like 2 years ago. there's nothing special about him walking around with some beer, he does it every year.

all of this has been done over and over again. the well is bone dry.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

roomtone posted:

they already did a old stone cold gives old vince one last stunner like 2 years ago

no they didnt

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

graph posted:

no they didnt

yeah they did. it was on a raw i think.

shane also got stunned in this variation.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Le Saboteur posted:

Every WrestleMania for the last like 5 years has a bunch of good to great matches them ends with a Lesnar/Reigns main event that makes me remember why I don't watch any TV wrestling shows anymore.

Without exaggeration I just subscribe to whatever service is doing WM that year for one month and immediately cancel it. I've never been happy with the ending since 30, but I've never been upset I spent the money either because there's always something like Knoxville/Zayn or McAfee to make me enjoy it

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Without exaggeration I just subscribe to whatever service is doing WM that year for one month and immediately cancel it. I've never been happy with the ending since 30, but I've never been upset I spent the money either because there's always something like Knoxville/Zayn or McAfee to make me enjoy it

Oh yeah I'd say there was enough over the two days to justify the $14 price tag for a WWE Network sub for one month. But the Lesnar/Reigns main events never fail to leave a sour taste in the mouth.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

It's beautiful

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Becky is right. https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1510830084453715969?t=_weiergUoLH_ObWjO7Qp3Q&s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah. Wrestlemania had a lot of good stuff this year, but also some real stinkers. On the women's side you had Becky/Bianca which was great. But Ronda/Charlotte was complete dogshit.

And then on the men's side you had stuff like Cody/Seth, Knoxville/Zayn, McAfee/Theory as real good matches. But then on the other side you had Roman/Brock and Omos/Lashley.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

love coming with an army

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

and coming alone

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1510829854719193090

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I regret to inform you that Becky was actually always bad

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1510828508033032200

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I regret to inform you that The Irish were actually always bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

wretched interactions

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

too bad for conor 205 live was cancelled

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
mcgregor vs butch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

roomtone posted:

yeah they did. it was on a raw i think.

shane also got stunned in this variation.

The best part of that was Vince selling Shane out for Stone Cold to give a stunner to

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Can't wait for Cody to beat Roman at Backlash* and come out the next night on RAW wearing the 1977 red belt his father didn't win from Billy Graham.

*via interference from Lesnar

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

xbilkis posted:

He has a legit shot at being a Divas Champion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there's enough rapists in wwe!!!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I saw night 1 but didn't watch night 2. I really liked night 1. Is WWE bad again yet?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I saw night 1 but didn't watch night 2. I really liked night 1. Is WWE bad again yet?

Other than the Jackass match Night 2 is a huge waste of time

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The tag matches were all right I felt.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked the Cody thing. He has presence he just didn't have when he left. I didn't watch him in AEW but was that his theme there too? Jesus that buttrock was terrible. It sounded like something 3 days grace turned down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I liked the Cody thing. He has presence he just didn't have when he left. I didn't watch him in AEW but was that his theme there too? Jesus that buttrock was terrible. It sounded like something 3 days grace turned down.

sure was