Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He has a twitch account he streams on

Games gone

also lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He has a twitch account he streams on

gently caress me at least he could be involved in smuggling cocaine or bank robbery or something.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

the sex ghost posted:

Games gone

also lmao

My childhood hero has brain worms

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Though I guess if you were the most talented English footballer of your generation, and you choose to spend your entire career at Southampton, that’s pretty much a given.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

smiling giraffe posted:

the most talented English footballer of your generation

I know there are reasons to rate Le Tissier, but isn't this a bit much?

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
I deliberately didn't say best, because he didn't run much and liked a mc'donalds, but in terms of pure talent he was ridic

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

He was absurdly talented

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A spot-fixing Lee Trundle.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

smiling giraffe posted:

I deliberately didn't say best, because he didn't run much and liked a mc'donalds, but in terms of pure talent he was ridic
given that he’s barely six months younger than gascoigne this is a big stretch

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

smiling giraffe posted:

He was a great player, but he was also a highlights reel player.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
99% of le tissier's goals were absolute bangers and his pre-match breakfast was two egg mcmuffins

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
He was the epitome of the cliche “scorer of great goals, not a great goal scorer”

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eric Cantonese posted:

he was no nicky barmby, I'll give you that

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Actually He is The Best Premier League Player Of All Time. Not my words carol, the words of Eurosport television network

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Any Everton posters itt can have a free consolatory Colin murray av

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Matt le Tissier was certainly the most naturally gifted player of his time. Non-existent work ethic, didn't seem to care about fitness, insisted on spending his entire career in an absolute dogshit Southampton team that would have been relegation scrappers in the Championship if it wasn't for him, but despite that was still insanely good as an individual player (not just the goals).

A proper manager like Wenger or Ferguson would have turned him into a world beater instead of that one guy who carried a poo poo team for a bit with wonder goals.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 7, 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

please source your quotes from i assume the soton equivalent of rawk and put them in the weekend web thread where they belong

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/derWinterbach/status/1512042924065894407

I'm sure a lot of consequence will follow.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A lot of online City fans in the replies to that tweet are treating the time-barring of the UEFA charges to be the equivalent of exoneration. That’s very annoying.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

the sex ghost posted:

Games gone

also lmao

Didn't know Le Tissier posted in CSPAM

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not a great post maker but a maker of great posts

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's basically everything everyone already knew

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1512041095068278784?t=2Rndp63rVxq5CCJs1jwuYQ&s=19

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I don’t believe any of this. City just recently posted the biggest revenue in the Premier League and there was nothing fishy about that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Xabi posted:

I don’t believe any of this. City just recently posted the biggest revenue in the Premier League and there was nothing fishy about that.

This is about stuff from 12 years ago, isn't it? Also more than a few people see it as a smear campaign right before the City/Liverpool match

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’ll wager that even more people see it as a club that’s financially doped to the gills cooking the books. And getting away with it.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I don’t think it’s worth overreacting to any of this. Probably the most sensible thing to do would be to disband the club, void all fraudulent honours, level the stadium and replace it with a low cost housing development. No need to go nuts.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ozmunkeh posted:

I don’t think it’s worth overreacting to any of this. Probably the most sensible thing to do would be to disband the club, void all fraudulent honours, level the stadium and replace it with a low cost housing development. No need to go nuts.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ozmunkeh posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ozmunkeh posted:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

Also more than a few people see it as a smear campaign right before the City/Liverpool match

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
He's right

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

imprison them all in an eternal second division

and/or hmp belmarsh

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

pik_d posted:

This is about stuff from 12 years ago, isn't it? Also more than a few people see it as a smear campaign right before the City/Liverpool match

Wrong thread.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

pik_d posted:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

pik_d posted:

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Good god i can't wait for Klopp to knock Pep out of three competitions.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jexner posted:

Good god i can't wait for Klopp to knock Pep out of three competitions.

That would be nice, but the odds aren't in favor of nice things happening.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

That would be nice, but the odds aren't in favor of nice things happening.

After Everton v Burnley it's nice to see you leaning into willing things into existence by being contrary

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

ozmunkeh posted:

, void all fraudulent honours

Only the ones for the 13/14 and 18/19 seasons, thanks. They can keep the other 3 league titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I'm not saying City didn't do some illegal financial poo poo, I'm sure they did. I'm saying that bringing it up right before a potential title deciding game is a tactical decision by der Spiegel.